2008 MKS First Encounter

BORG

And attached are some photos.

Nice car on the outside, the interior and rear-end could use some improvements but otherwise its impressive in the real world. I hate the red exterior and black interior color scheme however so I'm hoping for better with black, chrome wheels, and a lighter two-tone interior.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice car on the outside, the interior and rear-end could use some improvements but otherwise its impressive in the real world. I hate the red exterior and black interior color scheme however so I'm hoping for better with black, chrome wheels, and a lighter two-tone interior.

Well, you're part of the target market... what did you think? Any specific issues? What did you think of interior quality?

Well, you're part of the target market... what did you think? Any specific issues? What did you think of interior quality?

Sings:

"We are the target market

We set the corporate target

We are slaves of what we want"

I'm in love, I love the car. I don't think I can afford this one, we're looking at nearly 50K for the version I played with.

The interior quality is about what I expect from Lincoln, the switchgear around the left side of the dash is not attractive, but once you get deeper inside the car it's all top quality and very elegant. It's nothing earth shattering overall, but the navigation system is just gorgeous. I really liked Lincolns faux aluminum interior so loosing this on the MKS in favor of black plastic gives me a down market impression and that is one area they need to improve.

Really what impressed me the most was the exterior detailing and finish which is way beyond anything Lincoln has been doing. The interior is simple elegance which is refreshing after putting up with the MKZ's garish dashboard, I've learned to appreciate understated design ;)

Edited by BORG

I'm just glad I could look at this topic without seeing pics of Borg in compromising positions.... I've been a bit concerned about his, uh, 'feelings' for this car.... :P

Nah, their were older ladies around, that killed the buzz!

Oh, and the car is HUGE. Not so sure HUGE is in these days ;)

Of course, I also smashed my MKX today so that set me up for some MKS lust ;). Did you know the MKX reverse sensing system SUCKS! ;)

Edited by BORG

Hope they put a little nice floor mats in the real deal, cause those look Ford Focus issued.

Could be the picture exposure but looks like Ford still has to work to do as far as what a luxury interior should look like meaning the way the air-vents integrate with the aluminum looks bad, especially in the centre area were the dash top overlaps the aluminum then turns up around the centre speaker in a C shape. Just does not blend.

Then on the left hand bottom part of the air-vent seems to be quite a large amount of aluminum overlapping a strip of aluminum.

Exterior lines looks nice.

The only thing I'm not feeling on the car is the center stack, just looks cheap with all that black plastic...needs to something to be added to it give it more oofffhm

I saw this car in person at an auto show. That trim piece doesn't look cheap when you see it in person.

Where was this? What was it? At a dealer?, part of an event? Looks like you guys are at a strip mall.

Yeah. You could buy two Honda Accords, Toyota Camries, or Ford Fusions. You could probably squeak out three Focuses.

At that price level, it's not just about how much 'car' you can buy. It's about what that car says about you and how that car makes you feel.

Agree completely with you. We have one here at the dealership and I've been all over it. It's a classy luxury car up there with CTS, Lexus, and Infiniti. The nonsense about power is just that. Remember how excited everybody was with the Hemi Chrysler? Can't give them away today, right? The MKS will attract the luxury buyer who wants to have an Amercan car as opposed to some imported car. Hooray for that. power is not what's important here. The car is awesome and the naysayers who think it's less than that can save their money. Class will win out over import loving!!

Edited by exploder48

Yeah. You could buy two Honda Accords, Toyota Camries, or Ford Fusions. You could probably squeak out three Focuses.

At that price level, it's not just about how much 'car' you can buy. It's about what that car says about you and how that car makes you feel.

What, exactly, does a $50K 'near luxury' car say about a person?