Hey Level

nvsked

Sir Level,

You mentioned the defined labor rates for trades some time ago.... Who at the plant level is supposed to have these? and Why does plant hierarchy seem out of touch with the topic, it really pisses people off.

Thanks

P.S Explain the one for one replacement process for trades

Sir Level,

You mentioned the defined labor rates for trades some time ago.... Who at the plant level is supposed to have these? and Why does plant hierarchy seem out of touch with the topic, it really pisses people off.

Thanks

The wage rates for business cases were emailed to each plant controller, who was contractually obligated to give them to the Unit Chairman. He in turn could share them with the appropriate parties who bid trades work.

They are to be used for that year, and every year we get new rates emailed. If for some reason your plant did not get them, send me a PM with your Chairman's name and Local and it will get to him promptly. Many of the plants have successfully used the new rates to bid on and retain work already, they are a great tool to prove your business case, and for now, Ford is interested in all ways to save money. The real key here is to actually be able to do the work, and do it within the allotted time frame(s). Do not accept the fact that Ford says you can only do it on straight time because that is the only time the contractors will be working! If your business case says you need to work weekends and Holidays to meet their timing, and your cost using these wages is at or cheaper than the contractor, they cannot tell you that you cannot work those hours! It is all about money. It does not make sense to spend more money for contractors to do the work, just to keep trades from getting scheduled on a weekend or Holiday. Business case is the key to work retention!!!

Sir Level,

Okay, you asked for it. One for one means you get one for every one that attrits out through quit, death or retirement.......but that is only for one that is under the RTO. RTO is a variable number that Ford defines, as they adjust it whenever they want, yearly task, rebalance of manpower or assignment, new tooling or work practice , etc.... As far as I am concerned RTO stands for Reducing Trades Out!

Don't beat me down, for telling the truth.

Okay, you asked for it. One for one means you get one for every one that attrits out through quit, death or retirement.......but that is only for one that is under the RTO. RTO is a variable number that Ford defines, as they adjust it whenever they want, yearly task, rebalance of manpower or assignment, new tooling or work practice , etc.... As far as I am concerned RTO stands for Reducing Trades Out!

:whipped:

:nonono::nonono::nonono:

:gang:

The wage rates for business cases were emailed to each plant controller, who was contractually obligated to give them to the Unit Chairman. He in turn could share them with the appropriate parties who bid trades work.

They are to be used for that year, and every year we get new rates emailed. If for some reason your plant did not get them, send me a PM with your Chairman's name and Local and it will get to him promptly. Many of the plants have successfully used the new rates to bid on and retain work already, they are a great tool to prove your business case, and for now, Ford is interested in all ways to save money. The real key here is to actually be able to do the work, and do it within the allotted time frame(s). Do not accept the fact that Ford says you can only do it on straight time because that is the only time the contractors will be working! If your business case says you need to work weekends and Holidays to meet their timing, and your cost using these wages is at or cheaper than the contractor, they cannot tell you that you cannot work those hours! It is all about money. It does not make sense to spend more money for contractors to do the work, just to keep trades from getting scheduled on a weekend or Holiday. Business case is the key to work retention!!!

Thanks....actually the work is easy compared to navigating the maze, both Union and Company not a lot of love coming from chair, stay tuned for that PM but trying to follow that chain of command :censored:

And, thanks again on the one for one rule, this actually explains a few things :ohsnap:

Edited by nvsked