2009 Navigator...

1tufgt

I've read the 09 Navigator is suppose to get a new 6.2L SOHC V8 engine rated at 425HP/450TQ. Is this true? If so guess I'll wait it out and pick one of them up. I always thought it was lacking on power especially behind the Escalade.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read the 09 Navigator is suppose to get a new 6.2L SOHC V8 engine rated at 425HP/450TQ. Is this true? If so guess I'll wait it out and pick one of them up. I always thought it was lacking on power especially behind the Escalade.

I'm not sure the power figures are 100% right, but yes, the Navigator will be recieving the BOSS 6.2 for the 2009 model year.....it will be the first vehicle to recieve the engine, ahead of the 09 F-150.

Agreed, but hopefully the 6.2 will achieve better MPG than then 5.4 Triton.

i wouldnt count on it being better.

the only thing that might save it mpg wise is direct injection like they re using in europe now. buddy of mine in germany says it s going to replace diesel cars given diesel is so much more than reg gas.

• 2 months later...
Are you guys sure it will get the new engine? I cant find the order guide anywhere and cant wait to trade my 03 gator in.... Has it been confirmed 100%?

There is NO confirmation until it's published in the official 2009 Lincoln Navigator Ordr Guide. If it's not in the Order Guide, Dealers can't order it! Until then, everything else is just speculation.

So why isn't the 09 order guide out yet?

The order guides are usually released to Dealers at about the same time that the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens but are sometimes late. The 2009 EXpedition USOB was scheduled to open 05/16/2008 with 2009 MY scheduling to begin on 06/12/2008. It's possible that Ford is still finalizing option availability, packaging and/or the new Fast Turn Orders that they're creating for every vehicle lineto assist Dealers in ordering vehicles that will sell the quickest. In light of the current gas and sales situation, a delay of a few weeks in releasing the 2009 Expedition Order Guide isn't going to make a difference. Most Dealers won't really study the new Order Guide until they have allocation or are ready to actually start ordering the vehicles.

But i am not looking for the 09 Expy, i am looking for the 09 Navigator, but i get your point. Thanks for the info, i guess i just have to wait a few more weeks.

That's OK, I understand. As the Navigator & Expedition are twin vehicles, I would assume that the order guides for both will be released at the same time. There's no way of knowing exactly when order guides are released as Ford gives us no advance notice other than posting the schedule for when the Unscheduled Order Bank is scheduled to open for each vehicle line. So although we could see the 2009MY Expedition Order Guide tomorrow, it could be later in the week or next week, etc. Unfortunately I don't also work for a Lincoln-Mercury Dealership or I'd be able to upload the L/M order guides.

Are you guys sure it will get the new engine? I cant find the order guide anywhere and cant wait to trade my 03 gator in.... Has it been confirmed 100%?

I'm not 100% sure, but I've read several articles stating that the F-150 will be recieving the 6.2 for late 09/early '10, and that the Navigator would recieve the first application of the new engine ahead of the F-150, thus making it possible for an 09 Navigator option at some point. It could be late availablity or something though.

BTW, welcome to BOF!

Edited by rmc523

BTW, welcome to BOF!

Thanks, I have been a long time member of fordtruckworld.com but since they have closed the site i have lost all information and members from there.

I am desperate to trade my 03 gator pushing 210k miles and counting on it with something else, i have looked at the GMC Yukon hybrid also but i just cant get myself to buy a cheby :(

Thanks, I have been a long time member of fordtruckworld.com but since they have closed the site i have lost all information and members from there.

I am desperate to trade my 03 gator pushing 210k miles and counting on it with something else, i have looked at the GMC Yukon hybrid also but i just cant get myself to buy a cheby :(

And you don't get that much better gas mileage. Not worth the extra cost IMO.

Well, it seems like others cant get themselves to buy the Hybrids either.... http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevrolet-taho...popularity.html

I test drove 3 SUV's today,

2008 Yukon Denali-XL. Loud exhaust, great power, not built as good quality as my 03 Navigator. felt cheap, windows going down sounded cheap, doors slammed loud and felt cheap. great looking truck thou. Was not very impressed overall.

2008 Ford Expedition limited, fully loaded. Drive down the block and i was like get me out of this thing. Just plain ugly and cheap feel. , Tranny shifted and jerked very hard, steering was not as tight as my 03 gator. No power what so ever. I cant believe how bad it has gotten, does anyone drive a 03 ultimate gator here? i cant believe they destroyed this truck! I ran from the ford dealer after testing that expy. I own a custom 97 expedition that i drive in Europe on vacation, i most likely will never sell it.

2008 Toyota Sequoia, Incredible features! Awesome rear seating and entry was very easy and large. power folding seats with 3third row power reclining seating, second row heated seats, much bigger and comfortably rear seating then anything i have seen. Very powerful and 0-60 felt like my turbo Subaru outback xt. Lots of neat features and thought went into it, but, i did not like the dash, controls and radio are very far and hard to see. Overall i cant believe how bad designers have gone in all of these SUV's, i went from loving my 03 navigator to just plain ol keeping it for now. I have 206k miles on it and runs strong and still looks good. I drove the 08 Navigator and somewhat liked it. very quiet but the dash and square body looks stupid.

I have to admit, as much as I'm not impressed with the Sequoia dash layout, overall i was impressed, would consider it as my top choice as of now but will wait for the o9 gator to come out and see what has changed.

The sales guy at my dealer has no report yet of what is new for the 09 navigator.

Edited by DAFTEK

2008 Yukon Denali-XL. Loud exhaust, great power, not built as good quality as my 03 Navigator. felt cheap, windows going down sounded cheap, doors slammed loud and felt cheap. great looking truck thou. Was not very impressed overall.

2008 Ford Expedition limited, fully loaded. Drive down the block and i was like get me out of this thing. Just plain ugly and cheap feel. , Tranny shifted and jerked very hard, steering was not as tight as my 03 gator. No power what so ever. I cant believe how bad it has gotten, does anyone drive a 03 ultimate gator here? i cant believe they destroyed this truck! I ran from the ford dealer after testing that expy. I own a custom 97 expedition that i drive in Europe on vacation, i most likely will never sell it.

2008 Toyota Sequoia, Incredible features! Awesome rear seating and entry was very easy and large. power folding seats with 3third row power reclining seating, second row heated seats, much bigger and comfortably rear seating then anything i have seen. Very powerful and 0-60 felt like my turbo Subaru outback xt. Lots of neat features and thought went into it, but, i did not like the dash, controls and radio are very far and hard to see. Overall i cant believe how bad designers have gone in all of these SUV's, i went from loving my 03 navigator to just plain ol keeping it for now. I have 206k miles on it and runs strong and still looks good. I drove the 08 Navigator and somewhat liked it. very quiet but the dash and square body looks stupid.

I have to admit, as much as I'm not impressed with the Sequoia dash layout, overall i was impressed, would consider it as my top choice as of now but will wait for the o9 gator to come out and see what has changed.

The sales guy at my dealer has no report yet of what is new for the 09 navigator.

Well I am sure you won't like the 09 gator much better than the Expy. Same truck with dif. plastic thrown on it.

I hate to be nitpicky but you say you hate the 08 expedition but somewhat liked the 08 navigator. I am pretty sure they are the same vehicle save for the interior and minor exterior differences (most notably the front and rear) and some different options. That means they have the same 6speed and the same 300hp 5.4L V8. Also from what I understand and have experienced is that the new expy and navi are both quicker than the older versions, so I don't see how the expy can have "no power what so ever" when compared to say your 03 (i am guessing that is what you are comparing it to). Additionally you move on to say you like the room in the sequoa but from what I understand the expy/navi both are just as good in this regard but I don't see you mentioning this. Also out of the ones you tested the expy will probably get the best gas mileage. It was either MT or C&D that did a test of a tahoe v expy and the expy got better mpg and with the sequoa having the 5.7 and the denali having the 6.2 (that or the 6.0 cant remember exactly right now) the expy's 5.4 will definatly get better mpg.

Now you probably think that I think the expy/navi are perfect, but I will be one of the first to tell you they are not, but on that same token I do believe that they are good vehicles as are the sequoa and yukon.