No reverse

ELlover

Today I started backing out of my driveway and after I rolled to the bottem and gave it some gas it just reved like I was in nuetral. I checked and I was in Reverse, so I put it back in park then to reverse again and nothing. I pulled back up the driveway to see if I had any gears and it was fine after that. It does seem to be shifting funny now, so I dont know what is going on. All I keep hoping it that this thing would just make it till Sept. Has anyone had any issues with reverse?

Today I started backing out of my driveway and after I rolled to the bottem and gave it some gas it just reved like I was in nuetral. I checked and I was in Reverse, so I put it back in park then to reverse again and nothing. I pulled back up the driveway to see if I had any gears and it was fine after that. It does seem to be shifting funny now, so I dont know what is going on. All I keep hoping it that this thing would just make it till Sept. Has anyone had any issues with reverse?

I have had that happen once. Backing out of my driveway. Put it R, gas it and nothing, like nutreal. Put it in park then R and it was ok. Not good.

I have had that happen once. Backing out of my driveway. Put it R, gas it and nothing, like nutreal. Put it in park then R and it was ok. Not good.

I am so glad I am not the only one!!! Thank God!!! :finger:

Guess we just wait and see what happens, hopefully never again!!!

I am so glad I am not the only one!!! Thank God!!! :finger:

Guess we just wait and see what happens, hopefully never again!!!

Yeah, good luck with that....if it happens again I suppose you'd have to take it to the dealer to check it out, then of course it wouldn't happen when you're there, so they think you're crazy.

I doubt this is relevant, but

I've experienced complete stalls when reversing too quickly and then shifting into drive without having the car completely stopped. Doubt that it's good for the tranny, but what's worse is putting the car into park while braking without getting to a complete stop in time (big jarring experience, that -- never again).

Edited by Roadrunner

Don't you guys remember me talking with this guy before about his tranny, he refused to take issue with the dealer back then! Hold the dealer and Ford accountable, You have a Lemon!

She has said she realizes that, but there is no point this late in the lease. She still loves Ford and realizes it was simply a bad vehicle. It isn't like shes trying to cause a problem, just asking about something that happened.

She has said she realizes that, but there is no point this late in the lease. She still loves Ford and realizes it was simply a bad vehicle. It isn't like shes trying to cause a problem, just asking about something that happened.

I'd be pissed lease or not, now that many lease does that mean that there should be no accountability to the manufacturers? I had a stint where her and I traded IM's and somehow overlooked the fact that she was female. I do remember her saying how far she was into the lease agreement though. If she is not pissed for her self I'll be pissed for her. There is absolutly no good reason that it should even be happening let alone, not being fixed!

I'd be pissed lease or not, now that many lease does that mean that there should be no accountability to the manufacturers? I had a stint where her and I traded IM's and somehow overlooked the fact that she was female. I do remember her saying how far she was into the lease agreement though. If she is not pissed for her self I'll be pissed for her. There is absolutly no good reason that it should even be happening let alone, not being fixed!

First of all you and I have never traded IM's, I think you have me mixed up with someone else. The reason I am not holding the dealer accountable is due to the fact that my Mother is the owners secretary and I really do not want any problems for the dealer. They all know I have issues and have told me I could lemon law it BUT I do not want an 08, so I decided to hold onto my Expy till the 09's come out. They do know that if any serious issue arises than I will do something about it, but I doubt ford will put me in a rental till the 09's come out!! I also understand that not all cars are going to be perfect, just like NOT all people are perfect! :finger:

I just wrote in asking if something has happened to others, just like the fuel leak, I want to know that I am not alone and losing my mind!!! :banghead: I am not taking it in because I know what will happen, a big fat NPF!!! I have learned with ANY service department that if your problem isnt happening 80% of the time you are most likely screwed.

Welcome. I didn't think it was you that he had argued with before.....but I don't remember who it was.

The person with the tranny problem before was using the same user ID, and cursed me out for calling them lazy for not staying on the dealer to make it right. They got pissed over the lazy comment and went on to tell me that when working at Ford never missed a day, and pretty much scolded me for saying anything!

The person with the tranny problem before was using the same user ID, and cursed me out for calling them lazy for not staying on the dealer to make it right. They got pissed over the lazy comment and went on to tell me that when working at Ford never missed a day, and pretty much scolded me for saying anything!

Well, that's not me... I believe the other guy you were having an agrument with was DirtyRed (I think). I would never curse some one out on a public message board, but you did come off strong to many of us because we had a complaint about our car. Just because I do not take my car in ever second I have a problem does not make me lazy. I used to be a service adviser and can not stand the people who complain over ever little thing and I refuse to be like that. Feel pissed for me, that's fine. I wont lose sleep over it that is for sure.

Well, that's not me... I believe the other guy you were having an agrument with was DirtyRed (I think). I would never curse some one out on a public message board, but you did come off strong to many of us because we had a complaint about our car. Just because I do not take my car in ever second I have a problem does not make me lazy. I used to be a service adviser and can not stand the people who complain over ever little thing and I refuse to be like that. Feel pissed for me, that's fine. I wont lose sleep over it that is for sure.

Please forgive me for the attack, I remembered your ID but you only replied to the troll I was refering to. It was not you, and I'm sorry it was dirtyred2 On this thread LINK!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Please forgive me for the attack, I remembered your ID but you only replied to the troll I was refering to. It was not you, and I'm sorry it was dirtyred2 On this thread LINK!

Troll? lol as long as i own a ford expedition i will come here and voice my opinion. read the post that i first made again about the problems. If my tranny was as bad as el lover i would have declared lemon law and got rid of it a long time ago. After saying this im finish arguing with someone that doesnt even own a 07 or up expedition. Anyway, El lover man your tranny is bad and no reverse wow. I got my recall letter today on the spring holding in each interior side door handle. so going to take mine up next week. I seen on the forums that someone said the fuel railing too so waiting on that recall if one is issue.

While no one can tell ELlover what to do. I don't see how being related to an employee of the dealer you purchased the truck from would hurt or harm anything. In fact it should help. You moms boss didn't make the truck, and he probably realizes there are a number of vehicles produced that just don't come out right. He should want to help you if anything. I don't get the logic.

Troll? lol as long as i own a ford expedition i will come here and voice my opinion. read the post that i first made again about the problems. If my tranny was as bad as el lover i would have declared lemon law and got rid of it a long time ago. After saying this im finish arguing with someone that doesnt even own a 07 or up expedition. Anyway, El lover man your tranny is bad and no reverse wow. I got my recall letter today on the spring holding in each interior side door handle. so going to take mine up next week. I seen on the forums that someone said the fuel railing too so waiting on that recall if one is issue.

:hysterical: Troll, funny huh??? My tranny is bad, but I do not want an 08. I want to see what is going to be on the 09's be for I make that choice. I know it sounds weird that I am not getting rid of it, but I don't want to waste anymore money and not be happy.

Yes I posted about the fuel railing, it will be recalled in march I believe. Mine actually had the cracked hose that they are recalling.

While no one can tell ELlover what to do. I don't see how being related to an employee of the dealer you purchased the truck from would hurt or harm anything. In fact it should help. You moms boss didn't make the truck, and he probably realizes there are a number of vehicles produced that just don't come out right. He should want to help you if anything. I don't get the logic.

From what I remember a lemon law does count against the dealer, not that its a big deal for me. My Mom's boss actually has said I should lemon law it!!! But like I said before I want to wait for the 09's. Now if the Expy gets really bad to were it will put my family in danger than bye-bye Expy... Until then I will drive it till its dead on the road.

From what I remember a lemon law does count against the dealer, not that its a big deal for me. My Mom's boss actually has said I should lemon law it!!! But like I said before I want to wait for the 09's. Now if the Expy gets really bad to were it will put my family in danger than bye-bye Expy... Until then I will drive it till its dead on the road.

Yeah, with the repair history it would be a slam dunk. Most states have arbitration. File some papers and wait for ford to buy it back. Worst case you wait until 09 anyhow.

Yeah, with the repair history it would be a slam dunk. Most states have arbitration. File some papers and wait for ford to buy it back. Worst case you wait until 09 anyhow.

I did a lemon law back in 97 and it wasnt bad, but that was because it was a big time lemon. The mustang was seriously 2-3 inches longer on one side and it had a lot of problems. I am hoping to order the 09 Expy in August anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
I did a lemon law back in 97 and it wasnt bad, but that was because it was a big time lemon. The mustang was seriously 2-3 inches longer on one side and it had a lot of problems. I am hoping to order the 09 Expy in August anyway.

Why do you want the 09 Expy? Are you currently unhappy with your Expy because of the Issues?