09 Escape Delivery Date

rscalzo

I ordered my 2009 FEHL on 6/3/08 and have a build date of 7/14/08. Possibly 2st week of August delivery (?)

I'm curious how late some other people ordered their vehicles to obtain a priority code 10. So far, it looks like most ordered in late April/May. Has anyone ordered in Jun and received an delivery date in July?

What's the priority code mean? I ordered mine on 6/12 and have the printout from their system, and have a priority code of 10 on mine. Does that mean anything special?

My dealer doesn't have any allotted hybrids yet so I'm waiting for Ford to accept the order or for the dealer to meet with their Ford wholesaler second week of July. I'm not convinced either will get me a FEH anytime soon. About the only thing I have going for me is that I ordered a FEH Limited Hybrid with all the options. so hopefully someone at Ford will see there's some profit and pull my order.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the priority code mean? I ordered mine on 6/12 and have the printout from their system, and have a priority code of 10 on mine. Does that mean anything special?

My dealer doesn't have any allotted hybrids yet so I'm waiting for Ford to accept the order or for the dealer to meet with their Ford wholesaler second week of July. I'm not convinced either will get me a FEH anytime soon. About the only thing I have going for me is that I ordered a FEH Limited Hybrid with all the options. so hopefully someone at Ford will see there's some profit and pull my order.

I believe the priority code 10 means you are on the first round of vehicle production (for some reason, it doesn't start with 1, but with 10). The higher number you have, the lower the priority you are on the build list. That's odd that you have a priority 10 and ordered in the middle of June. From other sites, the people in round 1 of production ordered in late April/May. If it is 10, you should have a VIN or your dealer should at least be able to give you a build date. I assume 10s are built by the end of the 1st week of July. I'm hoping someone who works for Ford or has better insight can verify or nullify this.

I haven't been given a VIN, but just relied on what the dealer told me over the phone. Sometimes I get the notion my dealer is just shining me on. :blah:

Dealer: "Yup, I see it right here on my computer screen (as it displays a screen saver of how he's spent his commission

based on my purchase). It says July 14th which means you could receive it by the first week of

August.... but that's not a definite. (whispers - but what is definite is how you didn't get anything in

writing from me)." A large cackle is heard in the distance.

Employees who are on the production line have written that the more accessories you have, the longer it could be for your vehicle to be built (shouldn't be shocker). Sun/moon roofs can be tricky and navigation can delay the process as well (waiting for parts and installation. You could figure that a FEH with no moon roof and navigation could be built faster than one with those ordered. If all goes smoothly, it should be ~2 weeks between build date and delivery.

Edited by neuroboy002

Placed order for our 09 FEH yesterday morning.

Black Pearl Slate

FWD

NAV

Side Step

Cross Rails

Dealership gave us an order number, body style number and dealership number and told us our priority number was 10. The sales manager told us we should expect delivery around the end of October or first week of November. Should be receiving a copy of the order confirmation sheet next week from the sales manager. A sales person told us to search online and we would find a way to find out more about the production dates, thats how we found this great site.

Is their delivery date estimate realistic or should I expect a longer wait? Can I find out more information about the blend, production and delivery dates with the information that I have from the dealership?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mike

TwoLostMinds

Hi Dan

My VIN has been issued also and it's similar to yours 1FMVU49369KA1####. In your number you have a C where I have a V and you have a 59 where I have a 69 and the first number after the KA is 0 for you and 1 for me. I got my number over the phone so I don't know if the V might have been a C because they sound alike. Can you compare what you ordered to mine?

1. FWD FEH

2. Black Pearl

3. Limited Package

4. Navigation

Thanks

GaryG,

I just got my VIN: 1FMCU49389KA1####

I ordered a vehicle very similar to yours:

1. FWD FEH

2. Light Ice Blue

3. Limited Package

4. Navigation

I ordered mine on May 10th.

Hope this helps.

GaryG,

I just got my VIN: 1FMCU49389KA1####

I ordered a vehicle very similar to yours:

1. FWD FEH

2. Light Ice Blue

3. Limited Package

4. Navigation

I ordered mine on May 10th.

Hope this helps.

Thanks John

It looks like the V must be a C for sure now according to your VIN number. The color must be my 6 (Black Pearl) and your 8 for Ice Blue. The U49 code is the FWD FEH according to the Order Guide. I'll PM you with my last 4 digits so we can see how close we are in line to be built. We can keep the group here up dated when we get a delivery date or other information.

It appears Johnkermit and I have 6930 VIN numbers between us with mine being issued first. Ford must be issuing VIN numbers to all Ford vehicles in one order because our numbers were given within the last two weeks of each other. From what I've read, there is only 25,000 FEH/MMH being built this year unless Ford can find more HV batteries.

It appears Johnkermit and I have 6930 VIN numbers between us with mine being issued first. Ford must be issuing VIN numbers to all Ford vehicles in one order because our numbers were given within the last two weeks of each other. From what I've read, there is only 25,000 FEH/MMH being built this year unless Ford can find more HV batteries.

Gary, mine is similar to yours as well. I think we have to keep in mind that the vin number may make one's vehicle slotted for a particular week that could be different from others but the blending will be what puts the vehicle in the proper slot for that week. Have you posted a thread to track your vin?

This is a rookie question, but once you have a VIN, how do you track it through the plant? I have read that you cannot do it through the donlen site because that is only for fleet orders and what we have are retail orders(?)

You can post your VIN here and one of the Ford employees will pull the status for you.

Be sure to read the 2008 vehicle tracking sticky at the top of the forum. These guys are nice enough to check status so be sure to follow their rules in terms of posting for vehicle tracking status.

You can post your VIN here and one of the Ford employees will pull the status for you.

Be sure to read the 2008 vehicle tracking sticky at the top of the forum. These guys are nice enough to check status so be sure to follow their rules in terms of posting for vehicle tracking status.

Ditto what he said. Let's all make sure we follow the rules so we don't screw it up for anyone else.

Hi Dan

My VIN has been issued also and it's similar to yours 1FMVU49369KA1####. In your number you have a C where I have a V and you have a 59 where I have a 69 and the first number after the KA is 0 for you and 1 for me. I got my number over the phone so I don't know if the V might have been a C because they sound alike. Can you compare what you ordered to mine?

1. FWD FEH

2. Black Pearl

3. Limited Package

4. Navigation

Thanks

Gary,

We ordered a, Ice Blue FEH FWD with no upgrades at all. We kept it very simple.

- Dan

Thanks! That's exactly who we get our vehicles from, Donlen.

I'll be interested to see what you find out.

I heard back from one of the KCAP employees and they said that they are building the FEH's slowly and there's no material hold. This must just be for fleet sales only. This person did tell me that the line is moving slowly since they did just start production. They expect the line to be a full assembly after the KCAP vacation shut down.

FYI, I posted earlier that the vacation shut down was last 2 weeks of July. It's actually July 28-Aug 10th (startup on Aug 11th) per a UAW bulletin.

I heard back from one of the KCAP employees and they said that they are building the FEH's slowly and there's no material hold. This must just be for fleet sales only. This person did tell me that the line is moving slowly since they did just start production. They expect the line to be a full assembly after the KCAP vacation shut down.

FYI, I posted earlier that the vacation shut down was last 2 weeks of July. It's actually July 28-Aug 10th (startup on Aug 11th) per a UAW bulletin.

I think they actually add a third line when they come back in August. I just found out today I am slated for the week before the shut down...at least I hope that holds up. Either way, I am looking forward to my new vehicle.

Edited by Green Lantern

I think they actually add a third line when they come back in August. I just found out today I am slated for the week before the shut down...at least I hope that holds up. Either way, I am looking forward to my new vehicle.

Yep GL, that's right. Another shift starts on July 11th. But I don't know if that shift is working on FEH's or all Escapes.

It seems like a number of people are getting VIN's and build/delivery dates for their FEH's from their dealers, but it seems to me that they are all on the West Coast. Has anyone in the North East heard anything about build dates? I'm in the Western NY area, ordered a FEH FWD Lm on 5/13 and wondering if anyone in the vicinity has heard anything.

It seems like a number of people are getting VIN's and build/delivery dates for their FEH's from their dealers, but it seems to me that they are all on the West Coast. Has anyone in the North East heard anything about build dates? I'm in the Western NY area, ordered a FEH FWD Lm on 5/13 and wondering if anyone in the vicinity has heard anything.

Not in the Northeast but I am in Kentucky so pretty darn far from the left coast and I have my confirmation/build date.

I ordered a FEH FWD Limited on 4/21/2008 with the Nav and side step bars. I got the factory conformation on 4/22/2008.

I got an e-mail from my dealer in the Atlanta, GA area today that I had a build date of the week of July 14th.

I ordered a FEH FWD Limited on 4/21/2008 with the Nav and side step bars. I got the factory conformation on 4/22/2008.

I got an e-mail from my dealer in the Atlanta, GA area today that I had a build date of the week of July 14th.

Thanks for the replys. I guess I should have gotten on ordering sooner. I'll keep on waiting and hoping for something soon.

• 3 weeks later...
:banghead: Order date for my 09 FEH LTD 4x4 went in the morning the order bank opened 4/17. I have a copy of the DORA & VOC w/ priority 10. As of today I still do NOT have a VIN or build date. Dealer keeps saying they have no info from Ford Reps. Frustrating to say the least. Especially when I read from others who ordered months later & have theirs in the pipe.

:banghead: Order date for my 09 FEH LTD 4x4 went in the morning the order bank opened 4/17. I have a copy of the DORA & VOC w/ priority 10. As of today I still do NOT have a VIN or build date. Dealer keeps saying they have no info from Ford Reps. Frustrating to say the least. Especially when I read from others who ordered months later & have theirs in the pipe.

In the same situation -- similiar order date, and same priority number, and everytime I contact the dealer, no update no Vin. - Frustrated as well, why are others getting information and I am not, I am in southern california, and I thought it was supposed to get the first batch of cars!

In the same situation -- similiar order date, and same priority number, and everytime I contact the dealer, no update no Vin. - Frustrated as well, why are others getting information and I am not, I am in southern california, and I thought it was supposed to get the first batch of cars!

Other than a few that reportedly made it to a Denver area dealer, even those that have been built and "shipped" are still sitting in a "weather delay" - whatever that means. :boring:

Does anyone know how many FEH / MMH the factory can / does produce in a day?

Not sure what the throughput is at the Kansas City plant but keep in mind that they produce gas and hybrid versions of the escape and mariner on the same line. Ford as stated I believe that something like only 25K of the FEH are being built in contrast the much larger figure of gas powered escapes. It has been said that the long pole in the tent of this setup is the hybrid battery but I am not privy to exact data to support or refute that. Many smarter people than me can chime in and set the record straight though.