2009 Escape Info

jasonj80

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It didnt bother me, but still got annoying after a while

Lets see how far off topic we can get this thread now ;)

Ya know, in one part of the Cloverfield, I think I saw Hillary Clinton and John McCain in a Crown Vic racing a Taurus to get out of Manhatten but they both got beat by a far superior Mondeo.

How's that? :shades:

Google Cache doesn't have it, so no go.

Was not much to it -- Just a general article about the D.C. show, I wish I would have copied the Ford portion on it, the Hybrid would be getting a new 2.5L 170hp engine, and get another mile per gallon. And that the V6 was also going to get better gas mileage and have 230hp.

Good for Ford so instead of having the Escape be completely uncompetitive in the drivetrain segment it is just now Uncompetitive in the drivetrain segment..........Honestly WTF?

What would make you happy................ huh???? WHAT !!!!!?????

Does it need 300hp, 35mpg, and a price of $20K. Hell no, you would still be pissed, because there is that bothersome little blue oval thing on it. It would be "oh the greenhouse is still the same............... they used the same bolts on the rear seat frames, as they did in 2001................ it really should have direct injection, Ford is sooooo behind.............. if MB can make an 8-speed auto, Ford is decades behind with their pathetic 6-speed................ who really needs a small, manuverable, good handling, fun, SUV type crossover vehicle................ blah, blah, blah.

They address everything that people have been asking for (new body, interior, now engine, trans, NVH, mileage), and keep the price pretty much the same............... and yet you BITCH.

God I'm tired of people like you.

I have a 2003 Tribute. I keep trying to figure out what I want to replace it with (its paid off in a few months). I keep thinking I would like bigger, with more power. Then, every time I drive my trucklet through a curvy road, with a big ol grin plastered on my face, I just can't see getting something else. This update would solve any problem I have with my Tribute............... mainly the transmission. Yes the interior could be better (already solved on new one), and of course, who would say no to more power (I have never wanted for power, as the engine really wakes up over 20K miles, and I live in very mountainous country). Thus, the new '09 Escape/Mariner/Tribute would be high on my list. Oh, and the worse mileage I have ever gotten out of my fully loaded AWD, is 17mpg in the city. This is in a full tank of short hops (less than 10 miles). I live in a small place, so you don't have to go far to anywhere.

DCK sounds like someone who has never driven one.

The Escape is in a value conscious market that is attracted to the vehicle for its utility, functionality, and SUV style (alternative to the midsize sedan). It the ideal transition vehicle.

True I guess it is in the Focus/Civic category of CUVs. Value is prolly the biggest factor in purchasing em.

As I mentioned in a previous thread some time back the new engine for the Escape (I believe the Escape thread) was coming and the plan was to market it heavily but Farley pulled the marketing $ to do somethin else (can't say yet). Thought it may have been the EcoBost but it is the D30. I believe this engine will be in the Fusion as well with 235hp. Ford did a good job of keeping the lid on this which makes me feel good about some of the other rumours buzzing about.

As I mentioned in a previous thread some time back the new engine for the Escape (I believe the Escape thread) was coming and the plan was to market it heavily but Farley pulled the marketing $ to do somethin else (can't say yet). Thought it may have been the EcoBost but it is the D30. I believe this engine will be in the Fusion as well with 235hp. Ford did a good job of keeping the lid on this which makes me feel good about some of the other rumours buzzing about.

Will the Escape get a 5 or 6 speed auto?

Well there's an entry-level first: 6-speed auto + 4-cyl engine.

Holy crap, what we will bitch about now? Does it still have rear drums? We could bitch about that... :P

Seriously, though this is great news! Finally, Ford is trying to be class leading instead of trying to catch up!

The great thing about this is Ford now has given negatards another opportunity to kvetch:

"Ford sucks because every product needs an upgrade a year after it's launched"

"Ford sucks because they never update their products"

What will be nice is watching the gradual shift from

"Ford never updates their products. Why should I buy a new Ford? The new model is just like the old one."

To

"Ford is always adding things to their products. Why should I buy a new Ford? It will be worthless in a year."