Replacement of the outside keypad

Milkman00

I tried to get a service manual for the 2003 Expedition, but couldn't find one locally.

I need to replace the outside keypad (to get into the vehicle). Does anyone know how to do this? I took the entire inside door panel off, however I can't see any way to get high enough in the door to get that outside piece of trim off with the keypad on it.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT - I tried popping off the black trim and ended up breaking a piece of plastic (big shock). So now I have to get the black trim that the keypad mounts into, AND still need to replace the keypad. Since I only broke part of it, I still don't know how to take the black trim off properly, so any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Milkman00

• 7 years later...

I tried to get a service manual for the 2003 Expedition, but couldn't find one locally.

I need to replace the outside keypad (to get into the vehicle). Does anyone know how to do this? I took the entire inside door panel off, however I can't see any way to get high enough in the door to get that outside piece of trim off with the keypad on it.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT - I tried popping off the black trim and ended up breaking a piece of plastic (big shock). So now I have to get the black trim that the keypad mounts into, AND still need to replace the keypad. Since I only broke part of it, I still don't know how to take the black trim off properly, so any help would be appreciated.

I had the dealer replace mine on a 2003 expedition