2003 Explorer & Aviator suspension...

1tufgt

What is the difference in the suspension components of the two? Is it just softer springs and shocks/struts or is it one is running on standard spring/shocks/struts while one uses air bags for suspension. I just want to know b/c I love the ride of the Aviator as it seems much smoother than the explorer.

Thanks.........

What is the difference in the suspension components of the two? Is it just softer springs and shocks/struts or is it one is running on standard spring/shocks/struts while one uses air bags for suspension. I just want to know b/c I love the ride of the Aviator as it seems much smoother than the explorer.

Thanks.........

No air bags for the Aviator - at least not the 2WD version. Just different shocks and springs.

No air bags for the Aviator - at least not the 2WD version. Just different shocks and springs.

Do you know what type of shocks and spring they are running and would it be a direct replacement on a Explorer since I'm sure the underpinning are the same on both vehicles.

Do you know what type of shocks and spring they are running and would it be a direct replacement on a Explorer since I'm sure the underpinning are the same on both vehicles.

I'm sure they would fit but that doesn't mean you'd get the same ride quality. Having a different engine will also affect the front suspension along with different wheels and tires.

What are you trying to accomplish?

I'm sure they would fit but that doesn't mean you'd get the same ride quality. Having a different engine will also affect the front suspension along with different wheels and tires.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Well the engine weight should be less than the weight of the aviator engine. I just think my shocks are going out and want to find the best replacement.

Well the engine weight should be less than the weight of the aviator engine. I just think my shocks are going out and want to find the best replacement.

Doesn't matter if it weighs more or less - it's simply different and will behave differently.

I'd go with a good set of Bilsteins.

Doesn't matter if it weighs more or less - it's simply different and will behave differently.

I'd go with a good set of Bilsteins.

Bilstein doesn't make any shocks for the 02+ explorers because if they did I would of gotten them.

Edited by 1tufgt