Please post you MPG for city

wildosvt

2002 Escape (Midnight Appearance Package)

3.0 V-6

Average MPG 22.5 over the last 3800 miles (about 65,000 miles on it now)

Disclaimer: This is roughly 50/50 city highway. It drops about 1-1.5 mpg in the summer. For comparison, my 05 Mustang GT has averaged 20.6 over 14,500 miles. We always get 1-2 mpg better than the EPA city estimates for our vehicles. By the way, we saw an increase in mileage for around the first 10,000 miles. Then it leveled off.

the wife drives the AWD v6 escape... its an 02 and the best is has done in mostly highway driving is 19-20 .. and right now it has been fighting to get 17-18.. it has 70k miles on it and it sucks... I am going to put new plugs in it and possibly have the engine program updated to see if that improves it any....

The big thing that most Escape (or any other model for that matter) owners don't realize is that 55mph is the speed of 'highway' driving on the moroni. MOST Escapes I have seen will actually meet or beat that at 55. Speed up and lose mpg. At 70/75 they REALLY like the gas. Treat the throttle nice and they don't do too bad.

2006 Escape Hybrid 2WD : About 32 MPG overall in 8,200 miles.

If you have the navigation screen, you have an instantaneous MPG readout and you can feather the throttle foot a bit and try to improve your mileage. My wife drives the Hybrid alot and she likes to do this. She can get it up to a tank average of around 34 MPG in town or highway. However, we live in a suburban area, so it is not true urban driving - strickly urban driving would be a bit better, probably about at the Mulroney posted EPA rating of 36 MPG.

• 2 weeks later...

'03 Mazda Tribute ES AWD, V6, loaded (leather, sunroof, audiophile, side airbags, cold weather package, towing package.......... everything but the sissy bars)

Currently we have 42K miles on the clock. I do not get much of an opportunity to drive a full tank in the city, as we live 80 miles from the big city. My worst mileage was 18mpg, that is with all short hops into town (less than 5 miles one way will just kill your mileage). I normally average around 21-22mpg when going down to the Valley. That not sound good, but that is in very mountainous country, going from 5500ft to 1300ft, and with the cruise set on 72-73mph. My best mileage, on highway only, was 26mpg. However, that was still in semi mountainous country (just not as much elevation change).

I am very pleased with the mileage, as I drive pretty hard. I would love to see what the little trucklet would do with the 6-speed auto.

Also, the engine really wakes up with more miles. At 10K miles, it was markedly different than new............. at 20K miles, even better. It is almost fast now. :)

I am very pleased with the mileage, as I drive pretty hard. I would love to see what the little trucklet would do with the 6-speed auto.

The Escape really needs at least one more gear, two more would be great. The gaps between the gears in the current 4 speed auto are too large.

• 3 weeks later...

im getting 23.6 in town with the 4cly 5sp its an 05 and i know it would do better but i use it as a work truck so its full of tools i mean a lot of stuff i do heat an air. got it may 04 so its just about 2 years old never been in the shop i do the oil my self.

japanese cars have no soul.

p31400065py.th.jpg

My 2003 Escape got about 20-21 overall and the lowest I ever got was about 18 mpg and that would have been virtually all city driving over a long period of time where I didn't do much driving. My new 2006 Hybrid gets right at 30 mpg overall for a 50% improvement. The fuel mileage in the regular V6 is not that great which somewhat suprised me. But then again, no SUV gets real good mileage. It is probably the wind drag. Even a Jeep Liberty with the diesel gets lousy mileage.