Rumors of pension buyouts

homerhero

I’ve been told that FORD my offer this as an option..

Lump Sum buyout of Pension and healthcare retirement, The pension would freeze at the current service dollars, We would have 401K matching $$$ No healthcare after retirement.

We should make a reasonable counter-offer; say, $400,000 per year of service. :happy feet:

I’ve been told that FORD my offer this as an option..

Lump Sum buyout of Pension and healthcare retirement, The pension would freeze at the current service dollars, We would have 401K matching $$$ No healthcare after retirement.

How much $$$$$$$$$$ after sept ford will contribute $00 to the retirement insurance fund after the big fund is funded

I believe that all of the Big 3 will try to do what Goodyear agreed to in its last contract with its union workers. In regards to the retirement healthcare, a lump sum to the union for all current and future retiree's. Then it will be up to the union to pay all healthcare to retiree's, hopefully they get a big enough lump sum to cover everyone that retires from Ford. Then we need to make sure there is checks and balances in place to keep someone from stealing the fund money because we all have read how this happens and the money is gone even if they are prosecuted. About the pension I would like to see a lump sum per year of service then go to a matching tesphe say dollar for dollar up to 6%. That way if the company does file for bankruptcy we get all of our money not 30% that other companies when they hit rock bottom and the big management people get bonus approved by the court.

I believe that all of the Big 3 will try to do what Goodyear agreed to in its last contract with its union workers. In regards to the retirement healthcare, a lump sum to the union for all current and future retiree's. Then it will be up to the union to pay all healthcare to retiree's, hopefully they get a big enough lump sum to cover everyone that retires from Ford. Then we need to make sure there is checks and balances in place to keep someone from stealing the fund money because we all have read how this happens and the money is gone even if they are prosecuted. About the pension I would like to see a lump sum per year of service then go to a matching tesphe say dollar for dollar up to 6%. That way if the company does file for bankruptcy we get all of our money not 30% that other companies when they hit rock bottom and the big management people get bonus approved by the court.

I agree 100%