Batavia Super TPT's

JJ@Batvia

Ohio is an "At Will" employment state. That means that an employer may fire you at any time, and an employee may quit at any time, with no reason given and no notice given.

The only thing that gives Ford workers job security is the union contract.

I don't mean to be mean about it, but some of you have forgotten how the "real world" works.

WTF?

Please, explain to me how the "Real World" works then Mr. Roboto? I hope your not speaking of the MTV show either.

Can't wait for this!

No problem. In the "real world" there are no job guarantees. Everyone is "temporary".

My post was a response to the belief that somehow the state of Ohio requires temporary workers to be given permanent jobs after 90 days. When the law states employment is "At Will".

The Union saved the People from the Company. Now who is going to save the People from the Union?

No problem. In the "real world" there are no job guarantees. Everyone is "temporary".

My post was a response to the belief that somehow the state of Ohio requires temporary workers to be given permanent jobs after 90 days. When the law states employment is "At Will".

The Union saved the People from the Company. Now who is going to save the People from the Union?

Ok. I guess I took that post to personal. Yes, I do agree with you. I worked for a company for 11 years before FoMoCo, and I know, there is no 2nd chance.

I don't have a clue when it comes to the state of Ohio's "hired by a temp agency" rules, if they even exist. But thank you for clearing that up for me. B)

Wasn't trying to call you out, just wanted an explanation.

• 6 years later...

No beef with anyone. It's all good.

I have sat down and read and reveiwed carefully the terms of the STEP buyout. All it says is that we left the company by our decision, AND if the company were ever concider us for rehire, that we are not eligable for any type of severance package from Ford for 5 years. That's it. And I'm sure about that. Like I said before. The company has to make a decision on us by the 89th day. Which for some of us, that is very soon. If indeed nothing happens, then maybe the grievence route may be the way to go. We'll see what happens!

masterjedi... do you still have that document? i would like a copy... leadership is requesting it for proof because there are openings at KCAP and im trying to get back in but was told i gave up my rights..which i remember your version...the 2 yr thing...i also saw this on another forum... based on the buyout papers I signed it's stated that you can get hired back into Ford. But for 5 years you cannot take another buyout. What are the odds of another one coming?

Here's what it says under the step program.

"If an eligible employee has recieved a STEP payment and is subsequently rehired by the Company, the employee will not be eligible for any future STEP payments until the employee has 5 or more years of seniority following such rehire. No seniority used to determine the amount of a previous STEP payment shall be used in determining a subsequent STEP payment."

There it is in black and white from Ford Motor.

While it may be true that they COULD rehire, there is not a damned thing that says they HAVE to. You gave up any rights when you decided you no longer wanted to build cars. Deal with it..You took a buy out. In other words...YOU QUIT, and Ford is under NO obligation to take you back.