Batavia Super TPT's

JJ@Batvia

I'm getting alot of information on this topic and I need some sort of clarification. The tpt's that took a buyout and returned to work are being told that the tpt's hired off the street hold a higher classification and are in a better position to be hired.

Yeah, I've heard that too. TPT next to me said the union told them in their training classes that they had a very good chance of making it to Sharonville also. What's up with that? And what happens when we get our 90 days in? Then what? Techically, we should have our jobs back. I never signed a f-n thing that explained any of our rights in there. Read up in the Letters Of Agreements book about how plants have abused their TPT's in the past. But notice NO WHERE is the term "Super TPT" worded in ANY of the contracts. So what now?

Yeah, I've heard that too. TPT next to me said the union told them in their training classes that they had a very good chance of making it to Sharonville also. What's up with that? And what happens when we get our 90 days in? Then what? Techically, we should have our jobs back. I never signed a f-n thing that explained any of our rights in there. Read up in the Letters Of Agreements book about how plants have abused their TPT's in the past. But notice NO WHERE is the term "Super TPT" worded in ANY of the contracts. So what now?

i don't know whats going on bro. all i want is some sort of briefing or discussion explaining something. i don't know about you but the tpt's in gears who hired off the street all act like they have 30 years in. i try to ask the union whats going on and i get nothing at all from them.

i hinestly think that they have been told to be quiet until they can define what a super tpt is to avoid a lawsuit.

I think the potential lawsuit is valid. Plus, the two-tier wage system would apply to them. The more of them the better for Ford because they will vote away everything our past Brother and Sisters fought for. What do they really care about pensions or bebefits for? They don't and thats what ultimately Ford wants.

OK, now remember when all of you agreed to take the $100,000 buyout, you agreed to end your permenant status with Ford for LIFE. Therefore, you are only a temp worker as defined under the current Labor Agreement.

As for the new hires off the street, they are only there because the State of Ohio spent about $50,000 in recruitment cost mailing, calling and taking applications within 9 counties for possibly 700 temp jobs. Then the Union & Ford agreed to re-hire those whose OSHA records where up to date with current training a "Temp" position (a training savings of 2 million $$$), as defined under the currect Labor agreement. The State of Ohio wanted to recover the fees for the recruitment or hire 20 people to get them off the State unemployment payroll. So Ford did just that, hired 20 people to satisfy the State of Ohio.

Oh, but Oh, did we forget, those that had taken EDOPP or FEDOPP have the right to any permenant jobs with any plant within Ford before any temp has the rights to them. FEDOPP folks have 3 years rehire rights and EDOPP folks have 5 years rehire rights. So those thinking they are going to make it to SHV that has taken the STEP buyout, you are not making it to SHV. Too many in front of you within the company that had taken FEDOPP or EDOPP.

As for a lawsuit, folks, give it up and save your money. Any lawyer that takes this lawsuit is only doing it because of the potential $$$ they will make from YOU! It is a loser. If you think you have a legitimate beef, try the NLRB first, then see what their ruling is, then, only then seek an attorney. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the NLRB will rule that when you had taken the STEP buyout that you severed all ties with FOMOCO and have no further rights and are considered only a temp employee within the confines of the current Labor Agreement.

As for the temps hired off the street, by all rights, unless they have signed any documents stating the contrary, they are in front of the STEP temps for permenant positions, but behind the FEDOPP and EDOPP folks. Why? Because if they havent signed paperwork in advance stating they were only hired on a temp basis, they havent relenquished their Ford rights like the STEP people have done.

Just my 2 cents

BTV to SHV

OK, now remember when all of you agreed to take the $100,000 buyout, you agreed to end your permenant status with Ford for LIFE. Therefore, you are only a temp worker as defined under the current Labor Agreement.

As for the new hires off the street, they are only there because the State of Ohio spent about $50,000 in recruitment cost mailing, calling and taking applications within 9 counties for possibly 700 temp jobs. Then the Union & Ford agreed to re-hire those whose OSHA records where up to date with current training a "Temp" position (a training savings of 2 million $$$), as defined under the currect Labor agreement. The State of Ohio wanted to recover the fees for the recruitment or hire 20 people to get them off the State unemployment payroll. So Ford did just that, hired 20 people to satisfy the State of Ohio.

Oh, but Oh, did we forget, those that had taken EDOPP or FEDOPP have the right to any permenant jobs with any plant within Ford before any temp has the rights to them. FEDOPP folks have 3 years rehire rights and EDOPP folks have 5 years rehire rights. So those thinking they are going to make it to SHV that has taken the STEP buyout, you are not making it to SHV. Too many in front of you within the company that had taken FEDOPP or EDOPP.

As for a lawsuit, folks, give it up and save your money. Any lawyer that takes this lawsuit is only doing it because of the potential $$$ they will make from YOU! It is a loser. If you think you have a legitimate beef, try the NLRB first, then see what their ruling is, then, only then seek an attorney. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the NLRB will rule that when you had taken the STEP buyout that you severed all ties with FOMOCO and have no further rights and are considered only a temp employee within the confines of the current Labor Agreement.

As for the temps hired off the street, by all rights, unless they have signed any documents stating the contrary, they are in front of the STEP temps for permenant positions, but behind the FEDOPP and EDOPP folks. Why? Because if they havent signed paperwork in advance stating they were only hired on a temp basis, they havent relenquished their Ford rights like the STEP people have done.

Just my 2 cents

BTV to SHV

first of all you, ramble off so much that you fail to hide your resentment towards temps that returned after the buyout. you have no idea at all what ford is doing so stop preaching your crap as the gospel.

ford called us back okay. none of us went into labor relations and and begged for our job back. the ones they called back were hand chosen so that speaks volumes to me.

nobody is claiming to be owed anything from ford that took a buyout. i honestly feel like i'm playing with the houses money when you take into account my low seniority prior to the buyout. whatever we get from this is just gravy man. don't act like ford has not done this before. ford is gonna do whatever they want to satisfy business needs by any means bro. so you can stop preaching from your green book and start praying to god that it all works out.

i don't think anyone said they were going to file a law suit. the law suit i'm speaking of is potentially if the union were to offer too much info or speak on something pertaining to the temps that is not in stone yet to have it not come to pass.

i never read anything official stating that step buyout workers were gone for life. the jealous workers on the floor said that along with the union to justify their decision to stay. the paperwork i read only said that we were voluntarily quittiing and that we couldn't accept another buyout for 5 years.

ford called us back okay. none of us went into labor relations and and begged for our job back. the ones they called back were hand chosen so that speaks volumes to me.

Yeah, that speaks volumes all right.LOL. Does that mean they are the best and brightest workers ? Maybe or Not. They could also be the best brown nosers, or cant save a lick so instead of taking the 100K and having a plan to make real $$ again, they get hand picked to do the same thing for seriously lower wages. Sounds like a plan. Maybe BTV to SHV just is concerned that Temps will take more jobs from the real workers. Legitimate concern. Plants right now are slow to put in req's for GEN or FLowbackers while having hundreds of temps. I realize temps are saving Ford $$. However, UAW needs to hold Ford's feet to the fire to put people back to work in Ford facilities.JMHO as much as it is BTV to SHV's opinion.

I agree. I have read over and over the STEP paperwork looking for something that says we quit FoMoCo for life, yeah well, that wording IS NOT THERE! I understand we took the buyout. If Ford wants the money back, take it, I've had it since January and haven't spent a f-n dime of it because I didn't want it to begin with.

As far as being rehired, Ford called ME back. It's not like I was knocking on their door begging for my job back. I didn't take a huge $10 paycut like everyone says either. I make about $2 less now than when I was there before. I am very greatful for being back. It was like winning the lottery getting in their in the first place, but to be given the opportunity to return again was unbelievable.

But JJ is right. The Union really hasn't givin us many answers. I was told we would make it through our 90 days. But my rep. says he doesn't know what will happen after that. Some say we should get our jobs back. Others say we are their to make money only and close the plant down and that's it. Plain and simple, I have a feeling that they really don't know. A committeeman that I'm good freinds with long before FoMoCo has told me straight up that he doesn't think Labor Relations really knows either. And listening to the rumor mill will only cause stress and frustration.

I think for now, we sit back for two more weeks, and wait to see what happens and go from there. According to the green book, they HAVE to do something within 90 days. Either lay us off before then, or change our status. Whichever, they have to do one or the other according to the contract. The thing is there is not one reference about a "Super TPT" in any of the contracts that I can find so far, and that's why I think the company doesn't know what to do with us. That's why I think we may have a chance in getting back in. I could be wrong, but for now I'm going to be quite and sit back and see what happens after the 23rd of this month.

Yeah, that speaks volumes all right.LOL. Does that mean they are the best and brightest workers ? Maybe or Not. They could also be the best brown nosers, or cant save a lick so instead of taking the 100K and having a plan to make real $$ again, they get hand picked to do the same thing for seriously lower wages.

First off, I'm not a brown noser, I was one of the very few who didn't abuse the system because of lazyness. I busted my ass everyday. I was there on time everyday. I didn't call off. I wasn't in medical every other day. I wasn't drinking my lunch everyday. I did my job with professionalism, pride, and with speed and quality day in and day out. Think what you want.

Again. I am fortunate enough that if Ford lays me off, I do have a back up plan for myself and my family, don't you worry about that. And like I said, I am financially sound. My buyout check has been in the bank for 7 months now untouched, collecting 5% intrest. Why? BECAUSE I DON'T NEED IT. I didn't want it to begin with. But with only two years of seniority at the time, I did what I thought was right, and I have to live with that decision now. Trust me, I wonder whether or not I made the right choice. Too late now.

And no. I understand the situation with possibly taking up room for Gen, or flowbacks. But for now, I really don't see a lot of folks that would want to go to a plant that is closing. I can see that being an issue at other plants, but not at Batavia.

Whatever. There is always going to be haters out there because I "sold-out" my job in their eyes. I know, I 've been back for two months and already had someone try to get me fired for something I didn't do. You can't screw up, there will be no third chance. But at the same time, there is more people that most think that are not upset of our choice with the buyout. The way I see it, everyone had the option to take the buyout, we were fortunate enough to beat all odds and get hired back for $2 less an hour than what I was making before. Will this turn out to be a career with Ford Motor Company again, probably not. But you can bet your ass I'm going to try and I'm not going down without a fight.

Looks like Pioneer and myself are the ones that get it. Temps are just that, TEMPS. I'm actually glad that the temps are there. It just proves the amount of jobs that are needed in all facilities without complete consolidation of jobs or outside contracting. When BTV or any other facility closes,. those who have chosen to stay with Ford have the full-time permanent jobs, not temps. Flowbacks, preferential placement, GEN, FEDOPP, EDOPP and those on layoff who didnt take a buyout are the ones who choose the full time permanent jobs, not temps.

As for Chicago needing workers, there was a posting for "Out-of Zone" opportunities in Chicago with an un-determained amount of workers needed. If the above afformentioned dont want the jobs in Chi-Town, then offer them to the temps!

Again, my 2 cents! I know, now you want change back!

BTV to SHV.

Looks like Pioneer and myself are the ones that get it. Temps are just that, TEMPS. I'm actually glad that the temps are there. It just proves the amount of jobs that are needed in all facilities without complete consolidation of jobs or outside contracting. When BTV or any other facility closes,. those who have chosen to stay with Ford have the full-time permanent jobs, not temps. Flowbacks, preferential placement, GEN, FEDOPP, EDOPP and those on layoff who didnt take a buyout are the ones who choose the full time permanent jobs, not temps.

As for Chicago needing workers, there was a posting for "Out-of Zone" opportunities in Chicago with an un-determained amount of workers needed. If the above afformentioned dont want the jobs in Chi-Town, then offer them to the temps!

Again, my 2 cents! I know, now you want change back!

BTV to SHV.

check this out man, you are so close to being an idiot it's not even funny. nobody said that we were entitled to anything. you keep making the assumption that we feel that we are owed something. thats not the case. the fact of the matter is that you can't stomache the possiblity of us getting a buyout and being back on the payroll. you spout off all the contract facts you want but the truth is that ford is gonna do whatever they can to save money. you need to adjust your thinking to this and get with the program. nobody is here to take your job either man. i think you only have like 2-3 years in with ford as it is so you should being doing alot of praying because temps are the least of your worries.

That very well could happen, but you must realise, the line is longer than you think. Everybody in U.S. plants that are closing, or being downsized, have to be placed before hew hires are given a shot.

we totally understand that we are a longshot bro. we understand it all. all i'm saying is to don't be surprised when things don't go according to contract at this point. again i will repeat that we are not owed anything by ford, they called us bro. but the reality is there are holes in the contract when it comes to temps and ford can't define them right now. but you best believe that ford would hire us all back if they needed to. i'm not trying to be combative with anyone man. just open your eyes and expect the unexpected in the near future.

JJ@Batavia or MasterJedi, I don't have a beef with either of you two for coming back as temps. If I would have taken a buyout, I might have done the same thing. And yes, you were hand selected to be temps because of your work ethic or your attendance.

Also, I'm not worried about you coming back and being hired full time, you just have to realize that there is a long line in front of you. If it was take a number, there are about 10,000 people waiting for flowback, preferential placement, EDOPP, FEDOPP opportunities.

Edited by BTV to SHV Transferee

All calm down! JJ take a chill pill! Bat to sharon likes to talk I agree but he has a valid point, i am not saying he is all right. somewhere there was a statement that STEP buyouts where not to be Ford employees again, i know i read that somewhere,.... now with that being said Flatrock (AAI) hired some temps in 2006 and the company neglected to let them go after 89 days and it turned into more than 90 and a grievence was filed and they became Ford employees thus having 06 seniorty! I hope for all involved that everyone single temp Super or not gets their seniorty, it just doesn't seem likely. if you cant get any answers from your district GO SEE MIKE WARREN. you may not like his answer but he will answer you. if you work 3rd shift show up an hour early and go see the man.

my 2 cents just like the ZF fiasco Ford has made a mess and will have to deal with it somehow!!!

sup rrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaa

No beef with anyone. It's all good.

I have sat down and read and reveiwed carefully the terms of the STEP buyout. All it says is that we left the company by our decision, AND if the company were ever concider us for rehire, that we are not eligable for any type of severance package from Ford for 5 years. That's it. And I'm sure about that. Like I said before. The company has to make a decision on us by the 89th day. Which for some of us, that is very soon. If indeed nothing happens, then maybe the grievence route may be the way to go. We'll see what happens!

• Like 1

No beef with anyone. It's all good.

I have sat down and read and reveiwed carefully the terms of the STEP buyout. All it says is that we left the company by our decision, AND if the company were ever concider us for rehire, that we are not eligable for any type of severance package from Ford for 5 years. That's it. And I'm sure about that. Like I said before. The company has to make a decision on us by the 89th day. Which for some of us, that is very soon. If indeed nothing happens, then maybe the grievence route may be the way to go. We'll see what happens!

check with the committee but i think your 90 days start over if you got laid off for shutdown.

check with the committee but i think your 90 days start over if you got laid off for shutdown.

Well I took your advise and sat down and had a one on one with our chairman yesterday.

Our seniority does NOT start over because of the shutdown. All I'm obligated to say right now is....

Edited by MasterJedi

Seniority only (normally) resets if you are laid off for longer than you were employed.

BUT if these folks were hired as temps then 90 days ( Contract actually states 13 weeks ) means nothing. It's the company's job to hire and fire, not the union's.

Even if it's true, I just saw a new class of TPT's in training Friday and Saturday doing a "walk through" on the plant floor. There was about 15-20 of them. B to S, your right though, who knows with this place! Anything could happen these days.

Edited by MasterJedi

Even if it's true, I just saw a new class of TPT's in training Friday and Saturday doing a "walk through" on the plant floor. There was about 15-20 of them. B to S, your right though, who knows with this place! Anything could happen these days.

master jedi, your avatar is about to make me call off of work and spend some time with my wife

What....this one? :shades:

The "Phantom Donk" by Spade Kreations in Cincinnati.

Picture taken in Miami.

I heard after 90 days as a temp not through any temp agency that the state of Ohio law says the employee has to be hired full time. This comes from a source whose sibling is a state of Ohio Government Workman's Comp. Lawyer.

Just adding a little info. to those of us in limbo

I heard after 90 days as a temp not through any temp agency that the state of Ohio law says the employee has to be hired full time. This comes from a source whose sibling is a state of Ohio Government Workman's Comp. Lawyer.

Just adding a little info. to those of us in limbo

Yeah, I had someone tell me that yesterday also. Might work for the regular TPT's, but the Super TPT's were just called back by Ford. I didn't go back through any temp agency. As a matter of fact, the only thing I signed when I came back to work was authorization to test my urine for drugs, that was it. Our chairman told me that their is NO writing about a Super TPT anywhere within the company. It sounds as if its a made up position. So as far as he's concerned, we are being considered as regular TPT's. Will it matter? Dont know. I heard they were letting us all go after next week and droping the main line down to one shift. But hey, you can't believe the rumors in that place.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I had not closed my 401k or I would be back at work too. I don't care what anyone says taking the buyout was a huge mistake! I miss my job and I miss my friends. They said I could not come back because I closed my 401k but they let people who have been fired come back and one guy had been fired three times that I know. I'm glad they got back but it seems unfair that hundreds of us cannot come back because of how we handled OUR money. I love Batavia dammit! A lot of people don't understand the stress those of us with low seniority experienced trying to make the decision to take the buyout. I was told if I was not willing to relocate, which is not an option for me, then I should take the buyout because I would'nt make it to Sharonville. So I did what I thought was the right thing. I don't know how many people admit it but it has been the biggest mistake of my life. Good luck to all you guys who made it back and do what you can to stay this time!