Ford Transit Connect, Torneo Connect

igor

OK Folks, so we are to get the Transit Connect this fall, and maybe even the Torneo Connect, yet we know very little about them ..

well here are some bits of info ..

1) the car is built in Turkey and exported.

2) the current EU model is only available with a 1.8l diesel engine

3) 2 wheelbases are available

4) the truck has solid rear axle on leaf springs

5) it is FWD only

6) the trucklette can tow up to 2600lbs in a braked trailer (is that the standard US tow rating as well?)

7) the Trucklette will probably start around $17k. (just using UK price of 16k Pounds)

8) the LWB Torneo Connect can seat 5 or 7, the SWB version can seat 5. The Transit Connect seats 2.

9) Side airbags are availble, but side curtains are not.

tefoto21_45a1f74591ef8.jpg

tefoto08_45a1f74574a3b.jpg

Some reviews and pictures:

UK Yahoo review: http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/car-reviews/car-a...ge-1004353.html

Czech review of the Torneo Connect: http://magazin.auto.cz/testy/ford-tourneo-...t-spojenec.html

(scroll down for lots o' images)

For a vehicle with a basic purpose it sure doesn't look half bad.

I hope and pray that someone at Ford of NA learns how to craft an interior similar to those found on Ford of Europe vehicles. For the most part, the interiors found overseas have a much better presentation.

It's nice to see something other than a three bar grille, they need to be careful not to over do them. But the addtion of chrome front ends is a good direction to go!

OK Folks, so we are to get the Transit Connect this fall, and maybe even the Torneo Connect, yet we know very little about them ..

well here are some bits of info ..

1) the car is built in Turkey and exported.

2) the current EU model is only available with a 1.8l diesel engine

3) 2 wheelbases are available

4) the truck has solid rear axle on leaf springs

5) it is FWD only

6) the trucklette can tow up to 2600lbs in a braked trailer (is that the standard US tow rating as well?)

7) the Trucklette will probably start around $17k. (just using UK price of 16k Pounds)

8) the LWB Torneo Connect can seat 5 or 7, the SWB version can seat 5. The Transit Connect seats 2.

9) Side airbags are availble, but side curtains are not.

tefoto21_45a1f74591ef8.jpg

tefoto08_45a1f74574a3b.jpg

Some reviews and pictures:

UK Yahoo review: http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/car-reviews/car-a...ge-1004353.html

Czech review of the Torneo Connect: http://magazin.auto.cz/testy/ford-tourneo-...t-spojenec.html

(scroll down for lots o' images)

I see the Connect coming here no problem, the passenger van no...if a vehicle of that size and People carrying capacity is on the boards I envisige a Mazda knockoff...as a delivery panel van this rocks...for the other purpose it seems too long in the tooth.........

if only they had done the same for the Flex..........

why?

I am happy the money went to the interior - not the sliders .. besides .. Flex as an IMAGE mobile needs to NOT have sliders .. otherwise it will be viewed as minivan with a hood .. a bad image to have in the current market ..

Igor

why?

I am happy the money went to the interior - not the sliders .. besides .. Flex as an IMAGE mobile needs to NOT have sliders .. otherwise it will be viewed as minivan with a hood .. a bad image to have in the current market ..

Igor

possibly...one plus is non drooping doors over time....suicide doors would have been a statement though...ahhhh, we all wish and critique....WE are the experts...lol!

possibly...one plus is non drooping doors over time....suicide doors would have been a statement though...ahhhh, we all wish and critique....WE are the experts...lol!
just wait for the Lincoln version ;) seriously you just might be blown away.

My guess is that it will be powered by the Duratec 2.3 mated to a 4sp auto box similar to the set up in the Escape...

2.3l seems like an awful large engine for the car - it is Focus sized .. also we need to keep in mind that this will be built in Turkey, so the engine needs to be similar to something in Europe.. and Europe does not have the 2.3l. My guess will be the 2.0l .. but who knows .. maybe they will keep the diesel since this will be classified as a commercial vehicle?

Igor

Edited by igor

just wait for the Lincoln version ;) seriously you just might be blown away.

2.3l seems like an awful large engine for the car - it is Focus sized .. also we need to keep in mind that this will be built in Turkey, so the engine needs to be similar to something in Europe.. and Europe does not have the 2.3l. My guess will be the 2.0l .. but who knows .. maybe they will keep the diesel since this will be classified as a commercial vehicle?

Igor

diesel...we can only wish...THAT would be a groundbreaker if for the right $...20k max

Oh my god, Fusion?! You have a tall brother with a massive forehead !! :)

It looks good for what it is. Anyone know the build quality of the Turkey plant ?

The 2-tone dashboard looks very European, and pretty nice for a "delivery trucklette"

Wow thats a hella ugly color pallete for the dash, Grey topside/Beige lower and WHITE center console? yuck! The beige would look better with a touch more brown in it

I don't see why everyone was saying the inside was so nic...it looks like an uglier fusion interior...end of story....