2008 SuperDuty 6.4L Diesel Engine Fuel Injector Advisory

2008 SuperDuty 6.4L Diesel Engine Fuel Injector Advisory

Ford Motor Company has told dealers not to sell or deliver certain 2008 F250, F350, F450 or F550 models with the new 6.4L PowerStroke diesel engines made from 03 April to 21 May at their Kentucky Truck Plant.

2008%206.4L.jpg

According to Ford, some of the vehicles have faulty fuel injectors in cylinders 1, 5 and 7, which were damaged during the engine testing procedure at a supplier's facility. The bad injectors will cause the vehicle to run rough, hesitate or stumble on acceleration.

The recall issue number is: R07T07.

More information at Ford Powerstroke forum.

Updated: 11 June 07. 2:27PM, est.

NOT good...jhowever Fords reactions THIS time around are FAR more expediant and pro-active than the 6.0 probs...a GOOD sign...but they need this like a hole in the head....

you mean when the media companies put a gun to their head and spread it around the news like wildfire.....

Hmm, someone must have edited that first post. Because now it says "supplier".

"which were damaged during the engine testing procedure at a supplier's facility."

did they NOT know...sure as hell seems similar to Toyota releasing engines whilst knowing full well there were potential camshaft problems doesn't it.........

International just needs to die and go away, leave the diesel market to a real American company like Detroit Diesel...

Actually, not so simple. Some Detroit Diesel engines are Navistar rebrands - I know for a fact that the DD Series 40 was, as they were tested and built at the Melrose Park plant where I once worked. I have the badge I removed from one that was in a quality hold lot (failed). That same engine had another rebadge also, but it escapes me at the moment.

did they NOT know...sure as hell seems similar to Toyota releasing engines whilst knowing full well there were potential camshaft problems doesn't it.........

Not even close.

Toyota never, repeat never, issued a (stop sale) to dealers on the Tundra until the known defects could be located and repaired. Toyota said nothing to the dealers or the customers until after their engines began failing.

Not even close.

Toyota never, repeat never, issued a (stop sale) to dealers on the Tundra until the known defects could be located and repaired. Toyota said nothing to the dealers or the customers until after their engines began failing.

Yes, but they do offer loaner Tundras to customers whose vehicles were in for a new motor.

Is Ford going to offer Super Duty Diesels to customers for loaners? They should to keep customers happy.

I don't think they will even give you a Focus unless you have the Premium Ford ESP.

-Chris H

Yes, but they do offer loaner Tundras to customers whose vehicles were in for a new motor.

Is Ford going to offer Super Duty Diesels to customers for loaners? They should to keep customers happy.

I don't think they will even give you a Focus unless you have the Premium Ford ESP.

-Chris H

Of course they will give them a loaner if they ask...the trucks are new...they all have the same service plan.

-Chris H

Well, I guess it can be different from dealer to dealer and state to state. But I am pretty sure a Ford dealer will give you a loaner if your new SD needs any 3/36 work. I am posative that if they have a rental that they will give you one for a recall.

Peace and Blessings

Anyone else getting the CPU Bluehost.com message?

-Chris H

easy for Toyotas because there are HUNDREDS just sitting on lots.....and in all honesty replacing 3 injectors is pretty much a quick fix in comparison with a whole engine...............

Well, I guess it can be different from dealer to dealer and state to state. But I am pretty sure a Ford dealer will give you a loaner if your new SD needs any 3/36 work. I am posative that if they have a rental that they will give you one for a recall.

Peace and Blessings

Anyone else getting the CPU Bluehost.com message?

yes...stupid message...I hate when that happens.

Of course they will give them a loaner if they ask...the trucks are new...they all have the same service plan.

Maybe they treat SD owners differently but in the 23 years of owning new Fords I've never been given a loaner unless I wanted to pay for it. My wifes Explorer was in the shop for 3 day's and no loaner. When the sun roof on her Toyota 4-Runner broke the dealer gave her a loaner even though we didn't buy the vehicle from them. It's been my experience that the Toyota service departments treat customers better.

Just a side note, her 4-Runner hasn't been the problem free high quality Toyota everyone invisions but at least the dealers don't give us lame bullshit excuses as to why they can't find or fix problems. I can't say the same for the Ford dealers I have gone to in the past 10 or so years.

Maybe they treat SD owners differently but in the 23 years of owning new Fords I've never been given a loaner unless I wanted to pay for it. My wifes Explorer was in the shop for 3 day's and no loaner. When the sun roof on her Toyota 4-Runner broke the dealer gave her a loaner even though we didn't buy the vehicle from them. It's been my experience that the Toyota service departments treat customers better.

Just a side note, her 4-Runner hasn't been the problem free high quality Toyota everyone invisions but at least the dealers don't give us lame bullshit excuses as to why they can't find or fix problems. I can't say the same for the Ford dealers I have gone to in the past 10 or so years.

Loan cars are a little bit of a mis-nomer....from an overhead standpoint if a loaner was given to every single customer then we on some days would need close to 60 -70 ...NEVER going to happen...they are on a per case basis...i would have to beleive on the new Super Duty THOS customers are catered too pretty well.....that said i have not seen ANY come in for non-scheduled service....A GREAT THING!....and Paul...problem now is with set hours per repair the Good Old Boys are leaving and being replaced by Pimples and acne ( if you know what i mean ) that can afford to live on the re-vamped income.......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...