2009 Boss Mustang Prototype Spied?

Blue Oval Guide

Boss Mustang? Meh!! Larry Shinoda is probably turning over in his grave at the insult of calling this piece of shit a Boss Mustang.

Hmm..I guess you are certain that the car pictured is indeed a Boss, since we are all referred to as "kids" and you are the old wise man who drives a Volvo.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The color scheme is indicative of a Boss, though it could be a Mach 1. Either way it's a cheap knockoff packaged tacked onto a GT.

are you done yet BLACKHORSE? All us rednecks tearing-up your town really dont care if you like the boss or not. How do you know the car is going to be 35-40 g's anyway? i believe its going to have a stripped out interior. I know you can get a well equiped gt for 26-27 grand. my 06 coupe has every option, and i paid 30. Since you are wondering about a v-6 pkg. You might be interested in the mustang sally pkg coming this fall. It has pink accents and stitching you would probably enjoy! :blink:

Edited by el norte

are you done yet BLACKHORSE?
Would you believe "no" I'm not. I haven't even got good and started yet. lol

How do you know the car is going to be 35-40 g's anyway? i believe its going to have a stripped out interior. I know you can get a well equiped gt for 26-27 grand. my 06 coupe has every option, and i paid 30.

Common sense, check out the price on the Shelby's, pretty much the same car. If they sell it for less than 33 I'd be very surprised.

You might be interested in the mustang sally pkg coming this fall. It has pink accents and stitching you would probably enjoy!

Sounds kinky. Are you going to drive one in the gay pride parade in San Francisco this year?

Hey look, I'm not the one that tried to make out like a Mustang with a different grill and a black spoiler was some big freakin deal that warranted it's own thread. I'm merely the one that doesn't mind pointing out what a joke it is.

I'm merely the one that doesn't mind pointing out what a joke it is.

so, you're standing in front of the mirror! Is there anyone else you would like to offend? i would love for you to be sitting next to me in san fran. i also am just getting warmed-up. i hope you have a nice holiday. :baby:

Common sense, check out the price on the Shelby's, pretty much the same car

same car as what?

Edited by el norte

The same car as this Boss, keep up now.

On a serious note, clearly the Mustang Sally package is directed at female buyers. I don't think either one of us is going to be interested in such a car. I still believe there is room for them to make some packages in the V6 model that would serve them better then making yet another sticker kit job on a GT with a paltry 25 horsepower increase. Heck maybe they should consider a Mustang with the new 3.5 V6 as a package. Now that might be worth a look. They won't do it though because it would take sales away from their 30 grand GT's and even more expensive Shelbys and upcoming Boss or whatever this thing will be.

The same car as this Boss, keep up now.

On a serious note, clearly the Mustang Sally package is directed at female buyers. I don't think either one of us is going to be interested in such a car. I still believe there is room for them to make some packages in the V6 model that would serve them better then making yet another sticker kit job on a GT with a paltry 25 horsepower increase. Heck maybe they should consider a Mustang with the new 3.5 V6 as a package. Now that might be worth a look. They won't do it though because it would take sales away from their 30 grand GT's and even more expensive Shelbys and upcoming Boss or whatever this thing will be.

the gt and the shelby are two very different cars. i should know, i drive both of them everyday. the shelby is a hell-of a bang for the buck. 43 coupe, 47 conv. for 500 hp, you tell me where else you can that perfomance for that price? seriously i do agree on the 3.5 for the pony, and i know were replacing that crapy man. trans i believe with the tremec. i personally would like to see a 400 hp motor in the boss, and keep the price at 33-35 grand, but i'm probably just dreaming. i will defend the cars i help build. sorry, but it's just a pride thing!

There's nothing wrong with pride el norte. I really would think less of you if you built them and wouldn't defend them. I have the luxury of not building them or working for Ford so I can afford to be opinionated as hell about the them. Look at the bright side, I defend the Fusion and the Taurus as staunchly as you defend the Mustang.

I think Blackhorse was referring to the Boss being the same car as the Shelby GT. Which is not necessarily untrue, except, I would imagine that a Mustang with the same FRPP mods as the Shelby GT would sticker for less, regardless of the name. Considering that some of the modifications for the Shelby GT are installed at the Shelby facility. I think that would account for additional cost over what a Boss,etc should cost with the mods installed at AAI and shipped directly to the dealer.

Well, since I've owned 71-72-and 73 fastbacks with 351C's, a 66 notch I beat the inner fenders out to jam in a 351C, a 68 I put in a 428cj(came with a 302), a 80 with a 545 Lima and still have my 83GT which is my bracket car (466) let me in on the stupidity here.

I used to LIVE streetracing when I was a kid. A couple people (not friends I didn't know them) died in accidents over those years. My last street race was in 81 where I raced on a country road about 2miles long. He had a 428 pontiac and after just keeping my nose ahead we turned around to race back for "double or nothing" (I had him covered EASY) I had to wait while he was under the front of his car. Found out he was retying the left tie rod end!!! He had string holding it in!

I took my $25.00 I won and never raced on the street again. Since then I only race at a track where everybody is tech'd in.

So, yes I am 100% AGAINST STREET RACING! Why do I drive a diesel truck? So I won't lose my license because I still like to chirp the tires when I can. Do I speed? nah, sometimes 110km's in a 100 zone on the highway, but I don't rip around.

But when I hear one of the locals pound the gears in a mustang or old camaro it brings a smile to my face. I like the sound, and banging the gears up to the speed limit is fine by me. I'm more concerned about the brats in the fartcan imports who can't bark the tires or smoke the tires so they make up for it by going 140km's in a 60 thinking they have hot cars (or muscle cars :hysterical: )

You drive a volvo? Good for you. period. But don't get on a soapbox and call me a redneck or immature or whatever else because I still have a pulse and enjoy power! KISS MY ASS!! I do my racing at a dragstrip.

Your assumptions are arrogant and misguided.

This new mustang? I like it! Can I afford it? probably, but it's not practical for the four of us and the dog. So? 2009 I'm looking into the flex. (of course the wife does like hot cars...hmmm)

Anyway, TRY to stay on topic eh?

KISS MY ASS!! I do my racing at a dragstrip.

Your assumptions are arrogant and misguided.

THAT'S THE SPIRIT!!!!! Did you see that El Norte, now that's how you tell somebody off. Bravo goinbroke!!! Well done.

But don't let me catch you racing on the street punk. lol

By the way gents, once upon a time yours truly restored and drove a 65 Mustang Coupe. Candy Apple Red, 302, Carter 4bbl 650, Dart II Windsor Junior Racing Heads, Heddman headers and Mallory Hi-Fire electronic ignition. It was quite the car. But I grew up and got rid of it. Now I prefer something with a nice quiet ride, decent pick up and 4 doors so that myself and my brood can all fit with no problem, a nice stereo and plenty of trunk space for weapons storage (don't ask). So you never know who might have been a gear head once upon a time boys. Things change.

Blackhorse, we all understand that the Mustang isn't the car for you nowadays. I for one don't have a problem with that. However, there are 150k+ people per year that think otherwise. Everyone has different tastes and needs, that's why there are so many different automobiles available for purchase. Regardless, Ford is doing the right thing with the Mustang yesterday and today, if you don't think so, you have been blindfolded for the last 40+ years.

Edited by 02MustangGT

THAT'S THE SPIRIT!!!!! Did you see that El Norte, now that's how you tell somebody off. Bravo goinbroke!!! Well done.

But don't let me catch you racing on the street punk. lol

By the way gents, once upon a time yours truly restored and drove a 65 Mustang Coupe. Candy Apple Red, 302, Carter 4bbl 650, Dart II Windsor Junior Racing Heads, Heddman headers and Mallory Hi-Fire electronic ignition. It was quite the car. But I grew up and got rid of it. Now I prefer something with a nice quiet ride, decent pick up and 4 doors so that myself and my brood can all fit with no problem, a nice stereo and plenty of trunk space for weapons storage (don't ask). So you never know who might have been a gear head once upon a time boys. Things change.

That's pretty funny, but I know you understood I was talking to you.

Again with the punk comment...WTF? (I got WAY too much grey hair to be a punk anymore)

Hey!!! The last time I wore a blindfold there was a stripper named Candy involved!! She was a nice lady :rolleyes: .

Anyway, no the Mustang is not for me. I think it could have been so much better. But that's me. Personally I love jumping into these Mustang threads and getting all you guys fired up. It's good practice. A little intellectual duel now and then is good for the fighting spirit. I don't expect you fellas to understand. Suffice it to say that so long as you fight back, I'm getting a kick out of it. Learn to fight like goinbroke, that was good stuff. lol

I think it could have been so much better. I don't expect you fellas to understand. Suffice it to say that so long as you fight back, I'm getting a kick out of it. Learn to fight like goinbroke, that was good stuff. lol

Perhaps you could take a moment while you are enjoying yourself to tell us exactly how it could have been so much better.

While you don't expect your peers to understand, you never know — out of muddled, confused obfuscation, we might just find you have a point somewhere.

Thanks for playing

bslogo1.jpg

glad to see there are still trolls here on the board. i call you a troll, blackhorse, because all you seem to want to do is insult the mustang and the people that want one. next topic, i guess. hopefully, you won't ruin that one, too.

Oh crank me out some crocodile tears tim. Boo Hoo!!! Nobody is stopping you from posting on here you big loser. Troll this .!.. lol

Edited by BlackHorse

Perhaps you could take a moment while you are enjoying yourself to tell us exactly how it could have been so much better.

While you don't expect your peers to understand, you never know — out of muddled, confused obfuscation, we might just find you have a point somewhere.

Thanks for playing

See now that's good stuff too. Some of you boys are really getting good at this. I may have to up my game some. lol

Anyway, while I understand the appeal of the retro-mustang, I personally as you all know am not in favor of it. I fear also that it's popularity will be short lived and Ford will be stuck having to completely redesign the car once again. I felt the 2003 / 2004 body design was really good. All that car needed was some improvements in the handling and more horsepower. Now it got the more horsepower thing with the current model, but it also got longer and wider, which I didn't think was a good thing for a sporty car like the stang. Now the question is, should we have kept the rather aged fairmont chassis that was under the previous Mustang? I would say no, but something in that size would have been fine. Of course in keeping with Mustang tradition, keep it front engine, rear drive with a V8 engine. But also don't neglect your entry level offerings. Personally I would love to see something like the old SVT 4 cylinder turbo once again, only modernized and with better performance. Now, crucial is the interior. They need to quit skimping on the Mustang interior. That current interior is pitiful. The only original thought they had was the instrument cluster, the rest of it is very generic and lame, and comprised of low end materials. A nice interior goes a long way in a car. So I guess in the end what I would like to have seen is something more akin to the last gen Mustang only with a stout well handled suspension, more horsepower and a better interior. Additionally, in the entry level offerings I would like to have seen Ford actually build one that actually portrayed the notion they actually give a shit about the customers that buy less than a GT. They've always been bad about this. That 3.8 motor they used for years was behind the times the day it was first put in a Mustang and it went downhill from there. Also, incorporate some gadgets into the damn thing. People love gadgets, and this is especially good for the folks who opt for the V6 or 4 cyl models. Not everyone that buys a Mustang is just out to drag race the thing right? How about things like the keyfob technology so that you don't need a key to start your Mustang. How about a digital interactive radio screen? Power seats on both sides maybe? Remote start? How about a specialty package where in the entire dash is an all digital layout, analog nothing? Things like that. Anyway, you asked.

PS obfuscation was a good choice. You don't see a 25 dollar handle like that often. lol

Edited by BlackHorse

And that's why you don't get it blackhorse. trinkets, keyless starting, digital dash, holy ^&ck I'm glad you are not involved in any way with mustang options. DIGITAL DASH?? go back to your playstation in the backseat of your sentra. People love gadgets? :finger: THAT'S WHATS WRONG!! too much crap added to a car making it heavier. slower and more costly. And more crap you have, the more to go wrong down the road.

Gadgets :finger:

Perhaps you didn't notice, but EVERYBODY seems to think the mustang should be one way and you, the other. Perhaps the mustang should follow a "safety first" volvo theme? Forget hp, SIX AIRBAGS :hysterical:

I think you sucked your knowledge well dry and your spitting up mud buddy, go for a drive in your "automobile" with all the latest gadgets and enjoy life, preferably away from a keyboard. :shades:

Once upon a time power windows, power locks and cruise control were all considered gadgets goinbroke. I understand your dumb ass is stuck in the 60's and you can't get out of your own way to join the 21st century. But Ford better or they might as well pack it in. For the record key fobs don't take up any more space or weigh any more than a keyed car. Digital radio displays actually weigh less. I personally don't own a playstation, and don't care to. But I do understand the things that appeal to the up and coming generation and a 40 year old Mustang isn't it.

Edited by BlackHorse

but it also got longer and wider, which I didn't think was a good thing for a sporty car like the stang. Now the question is, should we have kept the rather aged fairmont chassis that was under the previous Mustang? I would say no, but something in that size would have been fine.

It had to get longer and wider, to get the handling and performance. The previous chassis had the engine too far forward, thus, to get the weight distribution more even, the chassis had to be lengthened ahead of the A-pillar, and even with a minimal front overhang, the car had to get longer. Add OHC V-6/8 engines, and the engine bay had to get wider.

I don't like the weight, but without it, NVH and collision regs might have been impossible to deal with, as most other manufacturers have found. For example, side-impact considerations require thicker, heavier doors than the original, so the car gets wider and heavier.

See now that's good stuff too. Some of you boys are really getting good at this. I may have to up my game some. lol

Anyway, while I understand the appeal of the retro-mustang, I personally as you all know am not in favor of it. I fear also that it's popularity will be short lived and Ford will be stuck having to completely redesign the car once again. I felt the 2003 / 2004 body design was really good. All that car needed was some improvements in the handling and more horsepower. Now it got the more horsepower thing with the current model, but it also got longer and wider, which I didn't think was a good thing for a sporty car like the stang. Now the question is, should we have kept the rather aged fairmont chassis that was under the previous Mustang? I would say no, but something in that size would have been fine. Of course in keeping with Mustang tradition, keep it front engine, rear drive with a V8 engine. But also don't neglect your entry level offerings. Personally I would love to see something like the old SVT 4 cylinder turbo once again, only modernized and with better performance. Now, crucial is the interior. They need to quit skimping on the Mustang interior. That current interior is pitiful. The only original thought they had was the instrument cluster, the rest of it is very generic and lame, and comprised of low end materials. A nice interior goes a long way in a car. So I guess in the end what I would like to have seen is something more akin to the last gen Mustang only with a stout well handled suspension, more horsepower and a better interior. Additionally, in the entry level offerings I would like to have seen Ford actually build one that actually portrayed the notion they actually give a shit about the customers that buy less than a GT. They've always been bad about this. That 3.8 motor they used for years was behind the times the day it was first put in a Mustang and it went downhill from there. Also, incorporate some gadgets into the damn thing. People love gadgets, and this is especially good for the folks who opt for the V6 or 4 cyl models. Not everyone that buys a Mustang is just out to drag race the thing right? How about things like the keyfob technology so that you don't need a key to start your Mustang. How about a digital interactive radio screen? Power seats on both sides maybe? Remote start? How about a specialty package where in the entire dash is an all digital layout, analog nothing? Things like that. Anyway, you asked.

PS obfuscation was a good choice. You don't see a 25 dollar handle like that often. lol

wow, i leave for two hours and look at the crap you stirred-up.lol lets start with the fact i have grey hair, and have had hot-rods too. that was then and were talking about now, and i can tell a few stories as well, thank-you. you want gadgets eh? for 08 we have a new ambient light in the cup holder and under dash, and back seat. cheesey, but cool. you can get dual power seats on the 07 as well as heated seats for both. you can get a ford remote start at the dealer. factory navigation systems are also available. the cluster could be alittle more inviting. i like the shelby cluster better. there's a red-white-blue option , not to mention you can have multiple color settings. what car has 100 some different colors for the cluster? or how about a 1000 watt sound system. you can get marauder wheels on both pony and gt for 08. you are the only person ive heard to complain about the interior. so i'm going with the majority on that subject. i also had a 05 montego, and i loved the car, but i had about 20 different issues with my interior. like my inst. cluster not working while driving kind of important thing eh. dash blisters, on and on, and on! so the quality of my mustang was light years ahead of that montego. my point is there alot of cool gadgets that are available to the customer, and good quality.

Let me see. Firstly, about the BOSS. It should be more than just a sticker package. From many different sources I've read that it'll use a new motor which will be upwards of 350hp N/A.

Second, the interior, the only extra gadget I would want the stang to have is an aux. input for an iPod. But, this isn't a big deal b/c when I buy my '09 BOSS (which I will if the price is under 40k msrp and it's using the new motor) I'll switch out the head unit to have an iPod connection.

From what you have posted, you write of Mustang owners being redneck, speed demons who try to race at every light. I currently own a 2000 GT, moded slightly to about 280hp. (not enough, but I'm saving money right now) I admit I do enjoy doing burn-outs from the light, but since I do not drive in much, if any, traffic, I don't have as much to worry about when I'm driving. When I drive to work, usually about 4am, there are maybe 10 other cars on the entire 30 minute drive. Before you say anything, I live in Baton Rouge, LA, we have plently of people living here so it has nothing to do with location. I do drive about 10mph average over the speed limit. It has nothing to do with maturity, it has to do with a driving comfort zone. I am not comfortable driving 35mph on 4lane street while no other cars are on the road.

Now, back to topic (somewhat). The picture looks to be a BOSS/Mach1, but you never know with Ford...

Let me see. Firstly, about the BOSS. It should be more than just a sticker package. From many different sources I've read that it'll use a new motor which will be upwards of 350hp N/A.

Second, the interior, the only extra gadget I would want the stang to have is an aux. input for an iPod. But, this isn't a big deal b/c when I buy my '09 BOSS (which I will if the price is under 40k msrp and it's using the new motor) I'll switch out the head unit to have an iPod connection.

From what you have posted, you write of Mustang owners being redneck, speed demons who try to race at every light. I currently own a 2000 GT, moded slightly to about 280hp. (not enough, but I'm saving money right now) I admit I do enjoy doing burn-outs from the light, but since I do not drive in much, if any, traffic, I don't have as much to worry about when I'm driving. When I drive to work, usually about 4am, there are maybe 10 other cars on the entire 30 minute drive. Before you say anything, I live in Baton Rouge, LA, we have plently of people living here so it has nothing to do with location. I do drive about 10mph average over the speed limit. It has nothing to do with maturity, it has to do with a driving comfort zone. I am not comfortable driving 35mph on 4lane street while no other cars are on the road.

Now, back to topic (somewhat). The picture looks to be a BOSS/Mach1, but you never know with Ford...

starting in 07 all stangs have a ipod or mp3 player adapter in the storage compartment under the armrest. as i stated earlier my unit trainer tells me its only a cold air return, and mufflers , and maybe some extras. probably 25-30 hp gain. i was and still hoping for the new boss 302 motor, but we'll have to wait and see!