12v power supply question

I guess I should have explained my question. I was in my current car and realized that i leave both my GPS and Radar detector plugged in all the time since when i shut the car down, their is no more power sent to the 12v source and I dont have to worry about "Did i leave them on?" I was asking for the simple reason to see if I can get away with the same setup or do i have to consantly plug and unplug the devices.

Since the truck is at the dealership as we speak, I guess tomorrow i will figure that all out!!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Edited by SquadCompany13

I guess I should have explained my question. I was in my current car and realized that i leave both my GPS and Radar detector plugged in all the time since when i shut the car down, their is no more power sent to the 12v source and I dont have to worry about "Did i leave them on?" I was asking for the simple reason to see if I can get away with the same setup or do i have to consantly plug and unplug the devices.

Since the truck is at the dealership as we speak, I guess tomorrow i will figure that all out!!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Well, I haven't VERIFIED it on my 2k7 however on my 98, 2000 & 2003 they both always had power regardless of the position of the key. (actually all three outets if you count the one in the back)

:)

• 7 years later...