Custom Search

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  LIke most online communities, you must first register to create topics and post replies.
Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cargo Area Security Shade Cover for Taurus Wagon

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   954718

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 19-April 07

Posted 19 April 2007 - 01:55 PM

Question to whomever can help me. My wife and I have just bought a 2004 Taurus Wagon and we need to buy a security shade cover over the rear cargo area (it didnít have one). We donít want an aftermarket part that might not fit but an original Ford part.

So as to not pay exorbitant prices from Ford or a dealer, weíve considered looked into internet auctions and junk yards, etc.

My question is will the cargo shade cover for a 1995-1999 model fit properly on a 2004? Yes, they were changes in the Taurus from 1999 MY to 2000 MY but to the untrained eye (me) it looks as thought the wagon cargo area somewhat remained the same. If it means getting a cover quicker than waiting for the exact 2004 model year item, it would make life easier.

Please help.

Thanks.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   2000SableWagon

2000SableWagon

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Joined 08-March 07

Posted 19 April 2007 - 02:07 PM

I have a 2000 Sable Wagon, and when we were shopping for it, I looked at some 1999 Wagons. As far as I could tell, all changes that they made on the fourth gen body were on the front half only. It will probably fit, based on my observations, but I am not positive.

#3 OFFLINE   Duratec_Nick

Duratec_Nick

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 19-December 05

Posted 19 April 2007 - 08:31 PM

I have a 2000 Sable Wagon, and when we were shopping for it, I looked at some 1999 Wagons. As far as I could tell, all changes that they made on the fourth gen body were on the front half only. It will probably fit, based on my observations, but I am not positive.

Any cargo shade from a 96 onwards slides right on in...color might be a tad different depending on the year. Your observations are correct B)

#4 OFFLINE   954718

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 19-April 07

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:50 PM

Thank you for the information that you provided.

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·