Tracking Guidelines, FAQs, News and Questions

Hi Viper I hope this is where I ask this question. Roughly after order is accepted how long before you get a Vin#, ordered a 2008 GT/CS on Feb. 14 and order was accepted on Feb. 15, 2008. Thank You for your time, this is great how you do this for all of us.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Viper I hope this is where I ask this question. Roughly after order is accepted how long before you get a Vin#, ordered a 2008 GT/CS on Feb. 14 and order was accepted on Feb. 15, 2008. Thank You for your time, this is great how you do this for all of us.

Unless there is a material hold or other reason (limited run), usually within a few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

good job viper.

new vehicle visibility has been tricky for us in the whole dealer end of it...for almost 3 months NO ONE HAD ACCESS...which was quite fun!

anyways, nice service you have here. If I end up with any customers on order that management won't help me keep track of(I do have CONCEPS access, so I can usually do some of it myself), I'll point them the right way...oh and i'll make sure they are literate!

good job viper.

new vehicle visibility has been tricky for us in the whole dealer end of it...for almost 3 months NO ONE HAD ACCESS...which was quite fun!

anyways, nice service you have here. If I end up with any customers on order that management won't help me keep track of(I do have CONCEPS access, so I can usually do some of it myself), I'll point them the right way...oh and i'll make sure they are literate!

Thanks. :)

Dear Posters,

Please be advised that tracking (from me at least) will be unavailable for the week of March 10th-16th as I will be on vacation for March Break. I expect to resume service the week following.

Sorry for any inconvenience, have a good week.

VP

Dear Posters,

Please be advised that tracking (from me at least) will be unavailable for the week of March 10th-16th as I will be on vacation for March Break. I expect to resume service the week following.

VP

Hey VP,

I hope you enjoy some time off; the dealer [finally] left a message that we should receive my wife's TaurusX next week.

Thanks for all the help you have provided on our order, we appreciate it.

FJK

• 1 month later...

Dear Posters,

Please be advised that tracking (from me at least) will be unavailable for the week of May 11th-17th as I will be on vacation. I expect to resume service the week following.

VP

Dear Posters,

Please be advised that tracking (from me at least) will be unavailable for the week of May 11th-17th as I will be on vacation. I expect to resume service the week following.

VP

Thanks for all your help. Have a great vacation!

Tony

CHANGES COMING TO THE TRACKING SYSTEM I PROVIDE

-- PLEASE TAKE NOTE --

Dear posters,

As many of you are aware, I provide this service for free on my own time not wanting nor expecting compensation for my efforts. It is my pleasure serving the Ford community.

That said, circumstances seemed to have developed lately (namely, word of this service has spread to other boards), and the board has been flooded with people wanting to look up stickers for 6 year old cars that they are "considering" to buy and generally using the service like it was Carfax or something.

Now, as I explained in the "Guidelines post ( the first one in this thread ) I have 1/2 hour timeframe daily (at best) to pull these requests. However, when I pull stickers out of the archive (older than 3 years), the searches take longer and I get less work done.

Which leaves me the dilemma of having to make a choice as to where the priorities lie. The most obvious choice are those customers who have recently purchased and are waiting on new vehicles.

So this serves as notice, that when service resumes when I return from vacation on about May 19th, I NO LONGER will be pulling stickers from archive, which will definitely mean any vehicles older than 3 years old. It is unfortunate that I have to do this, but I feel I must as now I am spending more of my time looking up used cars than new cars.

Now, you are not entirely without help. With a trip to your local Ford dealer, a Ford salesman can get a copy of the Malroney (window sticker) for you.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

Viperpilot

Edited: Because I probably didn't word this post well the first time...

Edited by ViperPilot

Regarding your moratorium on window sticker requests for used vehicles, I am absolutely guilty of what you said and I hadn't even thought about it like that. (Profits for used vehicles not going to Ford, why you provide such a service, etc.)

I still very much appreciate that you pulled those stickers for me. And wanted to apologize if I made you feel like I was using you.

Thanks very much again and I hope you had a lovely vacation!

BlueOvalMama

Edited by BlueOvalMama

I still very much appreciate that you pulled those stickers for me. And wanted to apologize if I made you feel like I was using you.

Please, don't apologize.

It wasn't you and the last thing I wanted was to make anyone feel guilty; I want to help people out, it was just getting difficult logistically to deal with the extra workload, plus I was getting a lot of PMs as well. As explained in the "Before you post link" in my signature, I have a 1/2 hour lunch window to fill these requests, and I had to draw the line somewhere -- and that's the decision that made the most sense.

So please rest assured that it wasn't any one thing that you did, or anyone else for that matter. It's just a reality I have to deal with.

Thanks,

VP

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry!

Thought I read that anything in the archives older than three years wouldn't be tracked. Just bought this vehicle and trying to get some history on it.

Stickers are unavailable for older vehicles; if the build dates are still in the system, they can be looked up. Please start a thread as outlined in the "before you post" link in my signature. Thanks.

Dear Posters:

This week I am out of plant on a training course -- and while I do have internet access, I do not have systems access to fulfill tracking requests during that time.

I made every effort prior to my departure to give some notice and pre-departure updates but unfortunately the forum had issues and was offline the days preceeding my leaving, and I was unsuccessful in my attempts.

So please be patient, I will resume tracking once I am back in plant.

Thanks,

VP

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the lookup on the VIN I sent.

I was really surprised when I opened the sticker and saw the dealer gave me the vin for a different buyer.

I resubmitted the corrected (I hope) information at the end of the original string.

Thanks in advance for anything you can provide.

NYCEP

Posters:

Please be aware that the time has arrived when most plants in the Ford chain will be shutting down for summer vacation and maintenance/retooling. Because of this, you may see little or no movement in your vehicle's progress.

During this time, and because of my own workload, tracking updates may only happen occasionally during the weeks of 7/7 and 7/14. I will provide updates when I am able.

I have attached the preliminary production schedule by vehicle. While by no means is this set in stone, it will be an indicator of what to expect.

Thanks for your support.

ViperPilot.

Down Weeks

VEHICLE -- PLANT -- DOWN WEEKS

MkZ/Milan/Fusion -- Hermosillo -- 7/7 7/14

Grand Marquis/Crown Vic/Town Car -- St. Thomas -- 7/7 7/14

MkX/Edge/Flex -- Oakville -- 7/7 7/14

Mountaineer/Explorer/Sport Trac -- Louisville -- 6/23 6/30 7/7 7/14

Navigator/Expedition -- Michigan Truck -- 6/23 6/30 7/7 7/14 7/21 7/28

TaurusX/Taurus/Sable/MKS -- Chicago -- 7/7 7/14

Escape/Mariner/Hybrids -- Kansas City -- 7/7 7/14 7/21 7/28

Focus -- Wayne -- 7/7 7/14

Mustang -- AAI -- 7/7 7/14

Ranger -- Twin Cities -- 7/7 7/14

Econoline -- Lorain -- 7/7 7/14

F-Series -- Kansas City -- 7/21 7/28

F-Series -- Norfolk -- 7/7 7/14

F-Series -- Dearborn -- 7/7 7/14 7/21 7/28

Super Duty -- Kentucky -- 7/7 7/14 7/21 7/28

Motorhome -- DCP -- 6/23 6/30 7/7 7/14 7/21 7/28

F-650/F-750 -- Escobedo -- 7/7 7/14

Edited by ViperPilot

VP:

I was wondering if there is a way to determine what the anticipated build date is by looking at the information on the window sticker? Simply put, is the build date included in one of those codes?

Thanks for all of the assistance you have provided so far!

Giddy Up 09

Viper,

thank you for the plant update. I do have a question though. Is the Escape/Mariner plant shut down for four weeks or just the weeks between 7/28 through 8/9? I thought those were the weeks of their shut down but I may have misunderstood that.

Thanks again for all the work you do to keep us informed of our vehicles.

Green Lantern

I was wondering if there is a way to determine what the anticipated build date is by looking at the information on the window sticker?

See the "080725" at the top? That's the "anticipated" build date; which of course can be affected by a production hiccup (like a major machine breakdown or running out of a certain part), but generally it is close. Normally, the sticker is generated a week before the build date, but unfortunately the plant is on summer shutdown which doesn't make this a "normal" circumstance.

thank you for the plant update. I do have a question though. Is the Escape/Mariner plant shut down for four weeks or just the weeks between 7/28 through 8/9? I thought those were the weeks of their shut down but I may have misunderstood that.

When I made the above post, the date were as above; 7/7 7/14 were "Vacation" weeks and 7/21 7/28 were "Down" weeks. The schedules are updated weekly; now it show only 7/28 as "Down" and no other weeks as down OR vacation (?). It does say that '09 production is to start 7/21 -- but as to whether they're still down 7/7 7/14 I don't know. (Hey, I don't make the sched -- I'm only the messenger here...)

See the "080725" at the top? That's the "anticipated" build date; which of course can be affected by a production hiccup (like a major machine breakdown or running out of a certain part), but generally it is close. Normally, the sticker is generated a week before the build date, but unfortunately the plant is on summer shutdown which doesn't make this a "normal" circumstance.

Thanks for the information.....

When I made the above post, the date were as above; 7/7 7/14 were "Vacation" weeks and 7/21 7/28 were "Down" weeks. The schedules are updated weekly; now it show only 7/28 as "Down" and no other weeks as down OR vacation (?). It does say that '09 production is to start 7/21 -- but as to whether they're still down 7/7 7/14 I don't know. (Hey, I don't make the sched -- I'm only the messenger here...)

Hey...and a GREAT job you do at it too. I really appreciate all the info you post here and I am pretty sure everyone else does to. Thanks Viper!

Hi everyone, just a quick note to restate that because of time constraints during summer shutdown that I can't provide updates on a daily basis, but I will provide them when I am able to.

Just so you're all aware that I haven't forgotten about you.

VP

[snip]

VEHICLE -- PLANT -- DOWN WEEKS

Escape/Mariner/Hybrids -- Kansas City -- 7/7 7/14 7/21 7/28

[snip]

Viperpilot

Actually downtime for KCAP is 7/28-8/10 See this UAW bulletin for confirmation. I also confirmed with a KCAP employee that 7/28-8/10 is correct.