Toyota is the only American made Car in NASCAR?

mettech

He lives in the UK, meaning, he is supporting his local/country's economy.

Well, makes some sense then I guess. But then that Dell he's using uses nothing at all sourced from the UK. It's impossible not to buy foreign these days is basically the point I was trying to make.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what it is, but, I kinda dig the ALMS and the other road racing series that are out there. Looking at the racing updates on AE, there are several series out there that race vehicles that a re much more stock than the NASCAR spec vehicles, and all of them regularly turn both left and right in the same race!

This past weekend, I attended my thirtieth-something 12 Hours of Sebring. I highly recommend the ALMS, as well as the Grand AM and the Speed World Challenge GT & TC series. In case you missed it, road racing can produce some very exciting racing http://youtube.com/watch?v=fbl_Yjm7VBk (the last lap of the GT2 class race). This weekend is the Homestead race for GA - check it out.

As I understand it, there is a racing series in Australia that is very popular and pretty much what I have described here. By that I mean, they take production Holdens and other such Aussie cars and modify them to meet the standards of the racing series, but essentially, they are "stock" racing sedans. It is wildly popular down there. I believe they have a lot of road courses though where as NASCAR has only one, I think, maybe two. Not that I'm trying to turn us into the Australians but heck I think it's a good series and I'd love to see it happen here. Maybe we don't change NASCAR at all, maybe they just need to start an entirely new racing series that fits the parameters we have laid out here. Just call it SCAR series? That has sort of a macho appeal in its name ay? lol If there's any forum members here that hail from down under perhaps they could shed some light on this. Also, with respect to the rally racing thing, aren't those cars production bodies with modified suspensions and engines and safety cage added for rally racing?

The Aussie V8 Supercars are not stock and only look like their road going cousins.

Everything under the skin is purpose built for racing, a full chassis car with 630HP EFI engines sourced from SVO parts bin, 6-speed aftermarket gearbox, aftermarket suspension, Racing slicks and areodynamic package.

over the years to prevent squabbles, a lot of equalisation has happened in the formula which includes:

Wheelbase fixed at 110"

Control tyres and brake rotors.

Engine deck height for Ford and GM set at Ford's 8.2"

Rev limit: 7500

Fuel system: High octane ULP with 5% ethanol.

Better if I let you watch:

Bathurst 2006 Mark Skaife Pole position

Ford wins Bathurst 2006, well done Craig Lowdnes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDSu3cU3C3o

On Board with Rick kelly at 2007 Clipsal 500 Adelaide, watch the foot work:

V8 Supercars Crash Compilation 04-05-06 The Big Ones! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWss16If9-8...ted&search=

Edited by jpd80