still dont have buyout check jan.1 seperation date

darrenindy

call fords legal dept and here are the numbers because the nesc and my plant and union in indy are full of shit and cant answer me i got these numbers call em and raise hell ,,,,susan presfield 1-313-322-3369 assistant counsel ford motor co.,,,,,katie kjolhede 1-313-390-4402 i say anyone who does have thier check by now also call the detrit free press and the detroit news

call fords legal dept and here are the numbers because the nesc and my plant and union in indy are full of shit and cant answer me i got these numbers call em and raise hell ,,,,susan presfield 1-313-322-3369 assistant counsel ford motor co.,,,,,katie kjolhede 1-313-390-4402 i say anyone who does have thier check by now also call the detrit free press and the detroit news

Rumor is that there is no money left to cut the separation checks because of the bonus's being paid to the salaried people. This is known as the "New and improved way forward"

And if I had my checkalready, then why would I want to call the newspapers ??

guess w

Buyout check delay puts some in a financial bind

February 13, 2007

BY KATIE MERX

FREE PRESS BUSINESS WRITER

Hourly workers who left Ford Motor Co. with buyouts effective Jan. 1 should have their checks by now, but more people are complaining that they still haven't arrived.

Workers who had child support, bankruptcy payments or other garnishments deducted from their paychecks say they haven't gotten their buyout checks in the promised three- to five-week timeframe.

Advertisement

Ford spokesman Tom Hoyt said the company isn't aware of any widespread delay of buyout checks -- which are worth $35,000 to $140,000 before taxes. But people who had court-ordered deductions removed from paychecks might have to wait an extra couple of weeks, Hoyt said.

The former Ford workers say nobody told them there would be an additional delay and it's hurting them and the people they support.

And that has caused problems. For many former workers it means they've had to borrow money from friends and family or they can't pay their bills. One worker told the Free Press he had to borrow money from a coworker who'd received his check already so he could buy gas to get to his new job.

Some report that even coworkers who didn't have court-ordered deductions taken from their pay have gone longer than the three to five weeks Ford said they'd wait.

About 38,000 hourly workers signed up for early retirements or buyouts as part of the automaker's plan to reduce its North American capacity and survive.

Darren Melick, a former Ford worker in Indiana, said he expected his check by the first week of February and he hasn't received it yet. He has child support deducted from his check."I'm supposed to start a new job soon, but I've had to borrow money to pay my bills because the buyout check still hasn't come," Melick said.

Workers who have a problem with their buyout checks should call the Ford hot line at 313-222-7795 for help.

Contact KATIE MERX at 313-222-8762 or kmerx@freepress.com.

. Post a Comment View All Comments

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LDK

I DON'T HAVE MY CHECK SMART ASS I'M STILL WAITING A MONTH AND A HALF LATER SO I DID

guess w

Buyout check delay puts some in a financial bind

February 13, 2007

BY KATIE MERX

FREE PRESS BUSINESS WRITER

Hourly workers who left Ford Motor Co. with buyouts effective Jan. 1 should have their checks by now, but more people are complaining that they still haven't arrived.

Workers who had child support, bankruptcy payments or other garnishments deducted from their paychecks say they haven't gotten their buyout checks in the promised three- to five-week timeframe.

Advertisement

Ford spokesman Tom Hoyt said the company isn't aware of any widespread delay of buyout checks -- which are worth $35,000 to $140,000 before taxes. But people who had court-ordered deductions removed from paychecks might have to wait an extra couple of weeks, Hoyt said.

The former Ford workers say nobody told them there would be an additional delay and it's hurting them and the people they support.

And that has caused problems. For many former workers it means they've had to borrow money from friends and family or they can't pay their bills. One worker told the Free Press he had to borrow money from a coworker who'd received his check already so he could buy gas to get to his new job.

Some report that even coworkers who didn't have court-ordered deductions taken from their pay have gone longer than the three to five weeks Ford said they'd wait.

About 38,000 hourly workers signed up for early retirements or buyouts as part of the automaker's plan to reduce its North American capacity and survive.

Darren Melick, a former Ford worker in Indiana, said he expected his check by the first week of February and he hasn't received it yet. He has child support deducted from his check."I'm supposed to start a new job soon, but I've had to borrow money to pay my bills because the buyout check still hasn't come," Melick said.

Workers who have a problem with their buyout checks should call the Ford hot line at 313-222-7795 for help.

Contact KATIE MERX at 313-322-8762 or kmerx@freepress.com.

. Post a Comment View All Comments

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LDK

I DON'T HAVE MY CHECK SMART ASS I'M STILL WAITING A MONTH AND A HALF LATER SO I DID

this tracking down our check stuff is getting ridiculous... i have a jan . 1st separation date and still don't have mine! i have no withholdings of any kind either, unlike the article said. was there an agreement between uaw and ford that included a time frame that the checks should have been issued to us by? i

I'm sorry, but these people relying on this check need to go to common sense school. If you needed that money so bad, then obviously you didn't have a back up plan after QUITTING YOUR JOB! I guess people thought everyone paid like this, and there are tons of jobs available right now..

IM

Edited by IndyMan

I'm sorry, but these people relying on this check need to go to common sense school. If you needed that money so bad, then obviously you didn't have a back up plan after QUITTING YOUR JOB! I guess people thought everyone paid like this, and there are tons of jobs available right now..

IM

I understand how you might feel the way you do but not all of the people waiting for their check left their job because of the money. Some of us have physical / health problems. Some of the people I know didn't have enough years in to get a medical retirement and were about to run out of benefits. So when you give your opinions, please realize that not all just quit their jobs for the quick money. Some actually had no other choice.

IM

i agree everyone should try to have a backup plan. but it isnt always possible. when we went back to work after christmas break, they started telling people it was their last day on thier last day. its hard to tell a possible employer "i dont know when i wil be able to start. could be tomorrow could be september." not many employers will let you start whenever you want.

and you obviously are lucky enough to be at a plant that is not closing, or have the option of transferring.

for me my plant is closing. i had to make the tough decision of leaving my family to keep my good job and benefits with ford or take a pay cut and hope the check comes before my savings run out, and that the plans i made work out like i hope. its a big gamble to start over.

i am quitting ford but remeber this ford quit on us first. at tcap and many others for pretty much told us for years of quality and production that we will be thanked by getting a slap in the face and tough family breaking decisions to make.

i agree everyone should try to have a backup plan. but it isnt always possible. when we went back to work after christmas break, they started telling people it was their last day on thier last day. its hard to tell a possible employer "i dont know when i wil be able to start. could be tomorrow could be september." not many employers will let you start whenever you want.

and you obviously are lucky enough to be at a plant that is not closing, or have the option of transferring.

for me my plant is closing. i had to make the tough decision of leaving my family to keep my good job and benefits with ford or take a pay cut and hope the check comes before my savings run out, and that the plans i made work out like i hope. its a big gamble to start over.

i am quitting ford but remeber this ford quit on us first. at tcap and many others for pretty much told us for years of quality and production that we will be thanked by getting a slap in the face and tough family breaking decisions to make.

Indy is closing. The people here have had plenty of notice when they are leaving. If anything, most were pushed pack a month.

IM

Indy is closing. The people here have had plenty of notice when they are leaving. If anything, most were pushed pack a month.

IM

At Wixom the ones of us that choose the education or 100k werent given notice of thier last day. Some told the day before thier last day most were told on thier last that that will be it. We were originally told we could stay til close then told we would be out by March one. Most are already done that took the two above packages. So not every plant is the same.

IM

well i stand corrected on indy. you are lucky to get any notice on your last day. a few people i work with were informed an hour before the end of the shift on their last day. and some still dont know when they will be leaving. rumor has it some were told between now and september.