2008 Ford Taurus RoboCop Edition

2008 Ford Taurus RoboCop Edition

08Taurus_teaserobo1.jpg

FORD CELEBRATES 20th ANNIVERSARY OF ROBOCOP WITH INTRODUCTION OF NEW 2008 TAURUS ROBOCOP EDITION

• New edition features a light bar, push bars, Delta City Police decals, unique numbering.
  • 3.0-liter Vulcan V-6 delivers an estimated 140 horsepower and 160 ft-lbs of torque.
  • Taurus RoboCop Edition will reach showrooms in July.

CHICAGO, Feb. 8, 2007 - Ford Motor Company today announced it is bringing back the well-known Ford Taurus name, and introducing a new special version – RoboCop Edition - to go on sale this summer.

Celebrating the 20th anniversary of the first RoboCop movie, the 2008-model Taurus RoboCop Edition sedan will go on sale this summer, as an upgrade to the earth shattering ALL NEW Ford Taurus. The new edition features a fully flush grille guard with peek-a-boo Ford emblem, a new monochromatic color scheme, a pushbar, lightbar with siren, Delta City Police decals, and unique numbering.

• 1 year later...
What exactly would be the market for a 30th Anniversary Panther?

What exactly is the market for breast cancer Mustang? Or it's as yet unproduced counterpart, prostate cancer Mustang?

But hey, if they did actually build a 30th anniversary Panthers, then Ford would actually have to run a commercial for them for the first time in a decade.

What exactly is the market for breast cancer Mustang? Or it's as yet unproduced counterpart, prostate cancer Mustang?

But hey, if they did actually build a 30th anniversary Panthers, then Ford would actually have to run a commercial for them for the first time in a decade.

The Mustang Pink Warrior editions have seemed to sell okay. You see, the Mustang actually has a retail customer base. Of that large retail customer base, many of them are women. Many of them I am willing to bet are women who are breast cancer survivors. Ford has always been a strong supporter of breast cancer research. The Pink Warrior Mustang is simply an extension to that. They haven't had the same push for prostate cancer research, so your attempt at humor is pretty weak. (Oh yeah, men get breast cancer too, you know.)

If Ford built a 30th anniversary Panther, even with commercials, who is going to buy them again? They have no retail presence. And what would be the point of it? What does it stand for? "Ford Crown Victoria 30th Anniversary Edition: Celebrating 3 decades as America's #1 Taxi"???

How about the transgender Mustang which raises funds to help people complete thier sex change operations. Rainbow colored rocker hood stripes and rainbow ribbon Pony emblem.

If Ford built a 30th anniversary Panther, even with commercials, who is going to buy them again? They have no retail presence.

We'll never know. And of course, all Panthers sold during those three decades where ALL fleet cars, eh?

And what would be the point of it? What does it stand for? "Ford Crown Victoria 30th Anniversary Edition: Celebrating 3 decades as America's #1 Taxi"???

Celebrating 3 decades of a proven vehicle.

We've been through this before! It's called "Warriors in Pink"...it's not like you have to be female or know someone with breast cancer.

And it's the second time someone (if not you) has disparaged men with or survivors of prostate cancer....and it's a blue ribbon BTW. I can imagine a blue trimmed Mustang GT "Blue Warrior" to benefit cancer research.

post-19198-1218852674_thumb.jpg

Edited by timmm55

We've been through this before! It's called "Warriors in Pink"...it's not like you have to be female or know someone with breast cancer.

And it's the second time someone (if not you) has disparaged men with or survivors of prostate cancer....and it's a blue ribbon BTW. I can imagine a blue trimmed Mustang GT "Blue Warrior" to benefit cancer research.

I just saw my first WIP Mustang yesterday.

Still waiting for any proof of your assertion that the CV/GM make more money for Ford than the Mustang or F150.

(Which is totally absurd).

Where's the proof that they don't.

Common sense should be proof enough. Let's see, which is going to make more $$$ per unit, a vehicle unchanged and unadvertised for a decade (i.e. no investment for those playing from home) or a vehicle updated and advertised on a regular basis (i.e. large investment for those playing from home), hmmm I wonder.....

idwood.jpg

Common sense should be proof enough. Let's see, which is going to make more $$$ per unit, a vehicle unchanged and unadvertised for a decade (i.e. no investment for those playing from home) or a vehicle updated and advertised on a regular basis (i.e. large investment for those playing from home), hmmm I wonder.....

idwood.jpg

Hey how does that guy know it's not particle-board with a "wood" covering over it?

Common sense should be proof enough.

Don't turn it on me or anybody else to prove your nitwit assertions. That's classic....you or P71 make a false claim and someone has to disprove it? Incredible! You have no common sense.