2008 Sable and 2008 Taurus X

jasonj80

Massive incentives? Where? I looked at them and didn't see any incentives let alone "massive".

currently 2000 rebate or 1.9 financing, along with 1500 Dealer cash, 200 sales consultant flat pay.....the flat pay is the death knoll, basically means Ford knows sales people have to give them away to move them so it's a consulation prize.........

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It actually does look pretty interesting from that angle. Too bad cars don't move down the highway at a 30 degree angle. :doh:

I love the press...ALL NEW TAURUS X.....shessh, its the Freestyle with Fords latest stop gap styling saviour...the 3 bar grill and the step headlights...hey everybody...they liked it on the Edge and Fusion...lets slap it on everything right now and try to convince everyone it's a brand new model....COME ON FORD...GET A CLUE!

I love the press...ALL NEW TAURUS X.....shessh, its the Freestyle with Fords latest stop gap styling saviour...the 3 bar grill and the step headlights...hey everybody...they liked it on the Edge and Fusion...lets slap it on everything right now and try to convince everyone it's a brand new model....COME ON FORD...GET A CLUE!

If the press is swallowing it, the public probably will too.

currently 2000 rebate or 1.9 financing, along with 1500 Dealer cash, 200 sales consultant flat pay.....the flat pay is the death knoll, basically means Ford knows sales people have to give them away to move them so it's a consolation prize.........

I still wouldn't call this "massive". The incentives on the 07 Escape are massive.

There is one thing Ford should do especially with the Taurus sedan and the Sable is offer a 6 passenger option. There are some people that would like a little extra room if you have to fit one more for a trip to the mall, etc.

Wishful thinking at this point I think. The era of the front bench seat is all but dead. Even many pickup configurations now aren't front benches. The lack of column-mounted shifters makes it all the more difficult to integrate such an option on most vehicles also. Add in that all seats shortly will require head restraints and 3-point harnesses and you run into quite a mess of changes that would be needed to add room for a "once-in-a-blue-moon" passenger.

Side note -- I never really understood what the problem was with column shifters? They are simple to operate, they worked just fine, and they allowed designers to do something else with the space between the front seats. Any ideas what really made it fall out of favor?

Edited by NickF1011

There is one thing Ford should do especially with the Taurus sedan and the Sable is offer a 6 passenger option. There are some people that would like a little extra room if you have to fit one more for a trip to the mall, etc.

oh no...another option....

like the $1500 off and low APR on Camry?

Igor

sad isn't it that manufacturers have created something considered the "norm"......already had one gentleman state he is going to wait till the rebates come out on 2008 Superdutys, AND he was clucking at 5.9 APR.....

if a car is good enough or desirable enough, rebates aren't necessary.....maybe a token rebate ie Mustang ...but anything above that implies bribery...

Obviously the Freestyle wasn't the most desired thing on the road, but this update will help and the name change will bring much needed awareness.

sad isn't it that manufacturers have created something considered the "norm"......already had one gentleman state he is going to wait till the rebates come out on 2008 Superdutys, AND he was clucking at 5.9 APR.....

He'll be disappointed because I don't see Ford doing that to move the SuperDuty's, they'll just cut production if need be.

Worked prety well for DCX, I believe... How many of those cars and trucks don't have the Dodge crossbar?

Sometimes I wonder if Ford can ever do anything right to satisfy some people.

they most definitely can, witness the mustang, the new Superduty's ( although even there they could have gotten more adventurous when it comes to the styling dept ) Fusion wasn't bad but could have been more...they just need to leave their conservative coats and hats at the doors...like they seem to do with their concept cars....wait till you see the reality of that GORGEOUS Lincoln...

08TaurusX_LTD_04.jpg

07s-outlook.jpg

I just don't see enough of a difference between these two vehicles to justify calling one a tall wagon, and the other a small SUV.

Actually, the thing I can't figure out is where the extra 30 cubic feet of cargo space in the Lambdas comes from. About all I can guess is that the 2nd and 3rd row seats are closer to the floor.

08TaurusX_LTD_04.jpg

07s-outlook.jpg

I just don't see enough of a difference between these two vehicles to justify calling one a tall wagon, and the other a small SUV.

Actually, the thing I can't figure out is where the extra 30 cubic feet of cargo space in the Lambdas comes from. About all I can guess is that the 2nd and 3rd row seats are closer to the floor.

I can especially if you see them side by side, the Lamda looks more SUV-ish dare I say, and for what it is worth is better styled...lot cleaner...hate to say it but the Chevy stylists are doing a relitively good job compared with Ford......BUT their interiors are horrible...

I can't jump on the 'clean styling' bandwagon.

Even with a new face grafted on, the "Taurus X" has a simpler design, with less clutter.

I like the larger oval on the Taurus X face, than the smaller one on the Taurus.

And I'm still scratching my head over that size difference in cargo capacity with the Lambdas.

All passenger dimensions are strikingly similar with two exceptions: The Taurus X has about 3" more 2nd row leg room, while the Lambda's have more 3rd row hip/shoulder room (not enough extra to justify a 3rd seat belt, IMO, but a fair bit more nonetheless--about 6" more shoulder room in fact).

I can't jump on the 'clean styling' bandwagon.

Even with a new face grafted on, the "Taurus X" has a simpler design, with less clutter.

I like the larger oval on the Taurus X face, than the smaller one on the Taurus.

And I'm still scratching my head over that size difference in cargo capacity with the Lambdas.

All passenger dimensions are strikingly similar with two exceptions: The Taurus X has about 3" more 2nd row leg room, while the Lambda's have more 3rd row hip/shoulder room (not enough extra to justify a 3rd seat belt, IMO, but a fair bit more nonetheless--about 6" more shoulder room in fact).

scalloped door panels with no side bar protection....anyway I just thing Ford needs to be more agressive in styling...they need standout cars, this makeover will get lost in South Coast Plazas parking structure...

http://www.autoblog.com/2005/08/04/2005-fo...arage-days-2-3/

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2006/07...gmc_acadia.html

There just doesn't seem to be 30 cu. ft. of difference......

http://autos.yahoo.com/gmc_acadia_slt_2_fwd-specs/

http://autos.yahoo.com/ford_freestyle_sel_fwd-specs/

I will be curious to see what comes from comparisons of these two vehicles. Especially given that the Taurus is unlikely to get a price increase, and it is already some $4k less than the Acadia.

Edited by RichardJensen

Ford vehicles look exactly like what would be produced if you asked an engineer to draw a picture of the car. He'd focus on what the car needed to and draw it, not artistic design what so ever. Not so with the Lambdas, the have exquisite styling. The refresh on the Freestyle helps but let's be real, the front wasn't the only problem with it.