2008 Sable and 2008 Taurus X

jasonj80

This is a Sable

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sable

My brother just called. He is excited because the Taurus and Sable are coming back and he owns a Taurus. He and I both think the new Sable is the best looking one. Taurus X reminds me of a Gremlin X or a Pacer X. Taurus XC would have sounded better. I don't know why, but when you use letters after a name two sound better then one.

Or maybe Taurus CC. As a former cross country runner in high school, we always called it CC, not this newfangled obsession with replacing "Cross" with an X, or using an X on everything to sound eXtreeeeeeeeeeme!!!!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God it's nice to say Taurus and Taurus X instead of Five Hundred and Freestyle. Not sure I like the Taurus name attached to the CUV however, but it will help to clear the air for the Fairlane. The Taurus X may also be on its way out, but I'm not so sure about yet another canceled Taurus ;).

I actually really like the new 500, the more I look at my Autoshow pics, the more I begin to fall in love. Slap a Taurus badge on it and I'm even more enthusiastic about owning a Ford again.

The Taurus/500 needs a COMPLETE re-skin. The vehicle has absolutely no curb appeal. The thing going for the vehicle is that everybody that buys one really loves the way the car drives and performs. So far the car is very reliable and customers like that....The only thing that car needs is a sleek,eye-catching body.

The car is great underneath,but it has to get out of it's ugly-duckling skin....a nose-job won't help....it needs an extreme makeover.

The Taurus/500 needs a COMPLETE re-skin. The vehicle has absolutely no curb appeal. The thing going for the vehicle is that everybody that buys one really loves the way the car drives and performs. So far the car is very reliable and customers like that....The only thing that car needs is a sleek,eye-catching body.

The car is great underneath,but it has to get out of it's ugly-duckling skin....a nose-job won't help....it needs an extreme makeover.

Well, thankfully 2010 isn't THAT far away. Supposedly that's when the D3 is slated for replacement, likely by EUCD2. It really only seems like yesterday that the D3's made their debut, yet it's been 3, almost 4 model years already. I'm really hoping that they can sludge along until then and let Ford's designers address the bad points of the current car. It's really so CLOSE to being great now, it just doesn't quite come together. Hopefully they figure it out with the next one.

Well, thankfully 2010 isn't THAT far away. Supposedly that's when the D3 is slated for replacement, likely by EUCD2. It really only seems like yesterday that the D3's made their debut, yet it's been 3, almost 4 model years already. I'm really hoping that they can sludge along until then and let Ford's designers address the bad points of the current car. It's really so CLOSE to being great now, it just doesn't quite come together. Hopefully they figure it out with the next one.

I just don't know why Ford can't bring to market a great-looking car.....what the hell does J.Mays do anyway?

I just don't know why Ford can't bring to market a great-looking car.....what the hell does J.Mays do anyway?

I think the Fusion, Mustang, GT, and Edge are all terrific looking vehicles. That's 4 for 6 in the ALL-NEW vehicles Ford has launched in the past 4 model years. The Five Hundred and Freestyle were the only real duds of the bunch as far as looks are concerned, and as closely related as the two are, the bland looks on one of them kind of forced the other one into dullness with it. I think the bigger issue is how poorly Ford has handled refreshes lately. The only ones that really seem to have been done well are the Super Duty and Expedition. The rest have left me with a sense of emptiness in my stomach.

They seem to be on the right track as far as new launches go.

If Ford wants these to be a success they need a complete redesign for the 2010 model year.

That is a 5 year cycle and that is simply competing.

2010 better be completely redesigned or else these will fail also.

I agree with ya 100%.

Well at least the press will quit confusing the FreeSTAR and FreeSTYLE. The Sable looks pretty decent, even if it does look like a widebody Milan.

Your response could be used for the Camry (which is as bland as anything on the road) also, and it's selling pretty well

it is interesting to see about 30% mix of people who like either model the most .. I went to CheersandGears, GMI and here .. and while I like the Sable the most, Taurus second and the T-X not much ..some people have this completely reversed, indicating each model has its appeal and its target audience .. which is good.

anyways .. the T-X is not a very good name .. but oh well ..

Igor

Your response could be used for the Camry (which is as bland as anything on the road) also, and it's selling pretty well

Maybe they will pull a Ford and re-name it the Toyota Three-Hundred. If DCX has a problem with that they could use Toyota Ten-Hundred :hysterical:

Edited by 2005Explorer

First of allthe camry isn't nearly as bland as the D3's. Not even close at all, even with the refreshes.

Second of all, all this crap about "oh toyota does it"

When are people going to learn what the buying public accepts from toyota they will notaccept from ford. The public is happy with buying a boring bland quality car from toyota but won't at Ford and people needto get that through their heads immediately.

I guess I am in the minority here but I likey this: :shades:

08Taurus_tease.jpg

I dunno - there's just something about it that to me says it can become a Camry fighter.

Maybe wishful thinking on my part but I think this whole bringing back the Taurus is a great idea.

As long as they do what they say and not make it a fleet queen again.

This is pretty pathetic..... I've been a Ford guy all my life, but these aren't Bold Moves.... they're Desperate Moves.

Stop spending money on this crap and bring some decent product to the showrooms. :redcard:

agreed...get rid of the freestyle...even MASSIVE incentives couldn't move that slug...kinfd of a pointless vehicle...bring on the Fairlane, but for gods sake make it rear wheel drive....aka Aerostar...ford had a winner there just blew it....

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

The new Sable/Taurus looks like what a kindergardner's first drawing of a car would look like. Well at least no one can make fun of the kids' drawings anymore. Too bad people will be making fun of what their parents drive.

Ford, YOU FAILED IT.

The new Sable/Taurus looks like what a kindergartner's first drawing of a car would look like. Well at least no one can make fun of the kids' drawings anymore. Too bad people will be making fun of what their parents drive.

Ford, YOU FAILED IT.

Where do you come up with this crap? You haven't had a single post yet that has made any sense.

agreed...get rid of the freestyle...even MASSIVE incentives couldn't move that slug...kind of a pointless vehicle...bring on the Fairlane, but for gods sake make it rear wheel drive....aka Aerostar...ford had a winner there just blew it....

Massive incentives? Where? I looked at them and didn't see any incentives let alone "massive".